No announcement yet.

1st auto flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok stigmas appeared on one plant this morning, day 22. Plant was fim’d 4 days ago, is that too close and will those new stems be stunted? Thanks and peace.

Oh and I learned that stigmas and pistils are not the same thing.
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure maybe just will take longer to ripen. It's a crap shoot some slow down some don't some may remain dwarfish. I have 3wk old autos and just topped them both on Monday of this week. That's all i did to them.....oh yes an snapped a branch so i quit doing bending now.

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal comments appreciated. Fun to watch them grow and do their thing, I’m more relaxed with 2nd grow thanks to 1st harvest lol.

Day 28 today. Plant on right was fimmed day 18 and showed hairs day 22, she is bushing out nicely. Plant on left was the scraggly, one, topped day 18 and showed hairs day 25.

Open to LST suggestions, haven’t tied anything down yet.

Started to smell a few days ago, yummy.
    Attached Files

Comment

It is hard to believe those plants are the same ones that you posted pictures of on 12/15. They look very nice. I am a couple of weeks behind you. What have you been doing regarding feeding for the last 2 weeks? We’re you able to increase the humidity?

Comment

• Cheeba
        Cheeba commented
        Editing a comment
        RetiredGuy Fed 1/4 strength grow nutes 2 weeks ago, up to 1/2 strength now, will start bloom nutes end of this week.

Was able to increase humidity with washcloth wicking in water (tip from AccidentalGardener ) and now up to 50 rH with more foliage.

I don’t know how much taller they will get but assume growth will continue for next 2 weeks. So far so good.
        Last edited by Cheeba; 01-02-2021, 01:53 PM.

Hey Cheeba check out my journals. I have had to improvise on budget. I'm getting better. But there are snippets of learning lol.

Comment

What’s the consensus on removing lower, smaller branches on autos, and when? I read its best to wait for flowering to start and only remove one at a time. Goal is to avoid larf and focus energy on main buds.

Comment

• FurnaceBoi
          FurnaceBoi commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I definitely remove the larf. With autos I let the plant let me know what to do. They are kind of random.

Look at my post on show your grow. I make oil from the trim and larf. GOOOOD medicine.
          Last edited by FurnaceBoi; 01-09-2021, 04:18 PM.

Day 34 tomorrow, starting bloom nutes. Fimmed gal is 13” tall, topped gal 11”. Both are 21” from light.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          All i did was top mine Cheeba mainly cause i'm growing them in a confined container to challange myself keeping them healthy. They are in slightly over 1gal. container. Keep an eye on that stretch distance sounds good for now, closest i've gotten is 16" from canopy then i had to super crop but that is only what i use for photos. Auto i've never done it too. They are so brittle at this stage.

• Cheeba
          Cheeba commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you SoOrbudgal I don’t plan to tie anything down but may remove a few leaves if needed. And I may just leave lower branches be.

Day 39,
        Left was fimmed, 21” tall and still stretching. Fimming didn’t seem to break apical dominance.
        Right was topped, 14” and about a week behind on budlet development. Topping slowed her down and she was smaller to begin with.
        Both plants drink half gallon 3 times a week, feeding biocanna flower nutes every other watering.
        Humidity has been ranging between 39-50.
        Autos are a trip, just doing their thing without any LST.

Comment

• RetiredGuy
          RetiredGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Plants looking great. Are you still at half strength on nutes or have you increased?

• Cheeba
          Cheeba commented
          Editing a comment
          RetiredGuy half strength and no sign of nute burn.

• FurnaceBoi
          FurnaceBoi commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya autos are a trip. I'm gonna do my predictable photos indoors. Gonna try for 3 outdoor auto crops this summer

Please tell me these are swollen calyx and not hairy nuts.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope they are not hairy nuts all female Cheeba i been watching Bill Ward on youtube an he trims his autos like a photo he removes bottom small larfy stems. I'm doing that with these autos i got now going. They are stretching going into wk 2 flower. I figured it was time for me to take a chance on seeing if it helped the upper buds bulk up more. Kinda what they call a lollipop?

• Cheeba
          Cheeba commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll check out those videos SoOrbudgal and “lightly” lollipop.

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheeba after you dry when you’re cleaning stuff up to jar harvest all those hairy nuts and 💨 smoke a bowl full of em.

Bill Ward is a good watch, I found him searching for NLxBB autos grows and he has a few and does a great job.

Now this is what i did this a.m. to my small cont. auto grow. I just removed lower tiny bud sites an took leaf from centers.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Day 46. Plants are 24” (fimmed) and 14” (topped). Cleaned up lower area. Is it okay to super crop main cola of an auto?

Comment

• FurnaceBoi
            FurnaceBoi commented
            Editing a comment
            JohnEmad ya the films produced tops yes. But I found them hard to predict and control. My topping works fine.

Helluva difference. Unless your topper ends up with massive buds compared to the other it looks like I’ll be fimming next time.

Comment

• Cheeba
            Cheeba commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah the fim didn’t slow her down, looks like no training at all. Maybe I missed lol

Super crop complete!

Comment

• ZigZag
            ZigZag commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to see that super crop worked out. It's always a bit stressful to do that to your best colas but its always gone well for me. It amazing how resilient these plants can be!

Day 58 side by side comparison. Fimmed gal on left, need those buds to start fattening up. Topped gal on right, fewer but thicker colas, about one week behind. Light at 17”.

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            I like your experiment. Comparisons speed up the learning curve in at least a couple ways. Nice growing.

• ZigZag
            ZigZag commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats about how it's worked for me too, comparing fimed vrs topped. Now I just LST autos since I grow autos when I have less than 10 weeks seed to harvest. Otherwise with photoperiods I now only top them, maybe up to 3x to produce a manifold like effect. Every time I top I add another 3-5 days to the veg cycle so they start to fill out. I'm about 4 weeks into a fast auto grow now and each plant is beginning to show pistils. Its good to see that the super crop doesn't seem to have put that plant behind any! Good to know for future reference!

Looking good, cool how that super cropping worked out.

Comment

Nice Cheeba . I have been enjoying, not growing lol. Looking great! Another month to go. Woohoo

btw I'm becoming unimpressed with fimming. I find it too unpredictable. I'm no pro so topping and cropping work for me.
            Yes JohnEmad , I've learned so many techniques here. Playing with them has me with a working system quickly.
            Last edited by FurnaceBoi; 02-02-2021, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              Same with me. I fimmed twice and found it didn't change the apical dominance much either time. Topping makes sure it does. I probably don't know how to fim properly but no matter.

• Cheeba
              Cheeba commented
              Editing a comment
              JohnEmad and FurnaceBoi thanks for the comments, def learning with each grow. I’ll let you know what each plant yields, it looks like topping is gonna come out ahead.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X