Out of control scrog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of control scrog

Ok well maybe not out of control quite yet but im trying to avoid it 😅 long story short I made the mistake of switching soils when potting up into their final pots and failed to test the runoff so I ran into major ph issues. I left them in veg for about 6 weeks more than I normally would have while I got the ph under control and they all started greening back up all the while bending, twisting, and clipping the stems to the screen on the ones that recovered fastest... now im a week into flower and three of them look like this

So should I thin these out more or just let them grow, aside from perhaps a little plucking here and there
    Attached Files
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Overall, I'd say let her rip.
    You'll know soon enough if the interior gets too crowded.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

You probably know this, but the mistake I made on my first grow was not plucking bud sites near the bottom of the SCROG that were not getting enough light. This limited the size of my top buds.

Comment

They look good to go! I definitely know what you mean about the buds not getting light. If you want, take a look at my link in my signature. You’ll see how I prefer to defoliate with my scrog grows and how it solves the light problem for bottom buds 🙂
        Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• RetiredGuy
          RetiredGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, your journal really showed me that I should have defoliated much more. Most websites cautioned beginners to be careful with defoliation. In hindsiight, I should have done much more.

• SommerVirelli
          SommerVirelli commented
          Editing a comment
          The amount I do is a lot. Remove a little at first. If your plant seems to respond well then you know you’re ready to remove more if it’s needed.

• Matriumcauthon
          Matriumcauthon commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll check it out thanks! I pluck as I go trying to remove anything thats blocking light and has leaflets at least starting to grow... but i always worry about going overboard with it as I only have 9 successful harvested plants under my belt so I'm still lacking the experienced touch

Looks healthy and cleaned up nice below the screen. It wouldn’t hurt if you wanted to remove the big fan leaves especially if you didn’t defoliate prior to flipping. Nice job with the recovery btw short plants with a thick stem seem to provide the best buds in my opinion. You’ll be happy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X