Harvested first grow, one question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvested first grow, one question

Yesterday was harvest day, can’t believe it took 8 hrs to trim a everything before hanging to dry. At least, I found it a relaxing pastime!

if you look at the photo of the one cola you will notice that it is very dark on top and much lighter below. I believe this is a sign of poor light penetration. All colas looked like this. Should I have removed more of the upper leaves during flowering? I only removed large fan leaves leaves that were covering bud sites, but probably would have done better my removing more. What do you think?

Grow was in a 2 x 4 closet using a Kind LED, 300 actual watts.

Any input appreciated, thanks

Nice harvest, I think it's just a high level of nitrogen that caused the tops to be darker. Obviously I could be wrong but I've heard really good things about kind LEDs and 300w is plenty of light for a 2x4 . I don't really see that dark light affect in the colas you have hanging. How did the trichomes look before you cut em? Did the top buds have a lot of amber trichomes up top
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I had only a few ambers in the top buds, but the pistils were very dark.

I didn’t want too much sedative effect, so I harvested at 9 weeks from switch. The buds were no longer growing and were beginning to foxtail.

The picture of the hanging buds were taken this morning. It appears to me that the color is becoming more uniform. They all looked like the individual bud photo yesterday at harvest.

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I asked because they looked young. The color was probably just the nutes you used and how you used em. Plants are stupid like that, you can have four of the same plants growing next to each other and all four will be different and one will even get sick. It never fails. I thought it was something I was doing, that maybe I was mixing my nutes different because I would mix one gallon at a time so I started mixing it in a five gallon bucket. With the same results

• Wolfe0420
      Wolfe0420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol stupid plants! For real tho I have one plant that needs 5L and one the only needs 4 one likes full nutes other likes 3/4. Dumb asses. Same seed same strain but very diff still.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X