Adding external dimmer to Mars TSW-2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding external dimmer to Mars TSW-2000

Has anyone did this yet? It's kind of a pain to adjust the drivers as is. Experiences with and without an external dimmer for these as well as the Spider farmer SF-2000 250 Watt light? Thanks

I don’t see why you can’t. Can I ask why? My Ts 1000 has a dimmer and can be daisy chained for more lights and is very easy and convenient is why I wondered.

Comment

Dimmers ? We don't need no stinking dimmers !! From a Bogart movie. Kinda. Humor aside I never use the dimmer on my TSW2000.
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

Dimmer are ok but I never use it.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I think the newer versions of this light have external dimmers. I like being able to dim the light rather than moving it up. To get an accurate degree of dimming you need to use a Killawatt so as to accurately balance both panels. Maybe I'll just glue on a extension rod to the current (pun intended) dimmer.

Comment

My drivers have dimmers that I will never use, I just sprouted seed under it at 25" (24 recommended for veg) so they would reach for it just a bit. Its a Mar Hydro TSW 2000.

Comment

Well, this is a timely thread. My TSW2000 will arrive this week and replace a Viparspectra V450. I've never had such a powerful light (hence the 450) and can't seem to find the info I need or want concerning the dimming. Some say full on and adjust height and others adjust via the dimmer. I'm thinking (OK, it's still early and "thinking" may be a stretch) that the dimmer may be good for the first 7-10 days and then ramp up the watts and also being mindful of distance. Sound about right?
              TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
              EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
              AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
              IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

There is more to it than just turning the dial down, you need equipment to measure with to do it right. I leave mine full on, sprout under it @ 25" so they stretch to it just a bit so I can start adding soil. When they get to within 23" I raise the light, then when going to flower I drop it to 18". Right or wrong thats how I work it. LOL

Comment

My TSW2000 is the later model which came with a dimmer knob (not a screw). It is handy to turn it down when I am in the tent. It is bright enough to hurt my eyes. I have burned the tops many times. The quality of the smoke is unharmed. Always remember "you're growing a weed".
                  Focus and relativity.

Comment

Originally posted by OlderNOTwiser View Post
                    Well, this is a timely thread. My TSW2000 will arrive this week and replace a Viparspectra V450. I've never had such a powerful light (hence the 450) and can't seem to find the info I need or want concerning the dimming. Some say full on and adjust height and others adjust via the dimmer. I'm thinking (OK, it's still early and "thinking" may be a stretch) that the dimmer may be good for the first 7-10 days and then ramp up the watts and also being mindful of distance. Sound about right?
                    Yours will probably come with the external dimmer. As well as daisy chain ability. Mine is built into the driver and it's a little bit of a pain to use. My Spider farmer SF2000 has the dimmer screw built into the driver also. I have 7 250 watt Lm 301H Meanwell drivers quantum boards with external dimmer knobs. I much prefer the external dimmers.
                    Last edited by smoorman; 11-29-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

What area is everyone covering with their TSW2000's?

Comment

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It covers 4'x4' in veg and 3'x3' in flower.

Mine is going into a 3' x 3' x 6' when it arrives. The Vipar will get boxed and stored for redundancy.
                      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
                      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
                      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
                      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Anybody doing a 2x4?

Comment

Mine is in a 1x1x2 meter tent.
                          Focus and relativity.

Comment

I use the whole room, just grow in the corner, no hiding in the closet here LOL.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X