Flush to early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flush to early?

Hi all, I'm wondering if I have started flushing too early. I started flushing one of my plants a couple days ago on day 54 of flowering as I thought she may have a week left. My jewellers loupe turned up yesterday and on looking at the trichomes I saw that they are mostly clear. I did a bit of googling last night and read that it can take 2 wks to change to cloudy. Being my first time I have nothing to go on with regards to timescale for this stage so I'm now thinking that I may have started a little early with the flushing. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Hello buds73 are there lots of white pistils or white hairs still? 2-3 on buds are OK but if it's still shooting out hairs and some are still white it's too early. I tell ya i hope you got good eyes now and do protect them as for myself it's a real big challenge for me to hold that friggin scope still and why they are so small the lens damn. Certain strains can cloud and amber near the harvest date the breeders say but most go longer and it's best you let it go longer with another bloom feeding. I would give them another round of bloom or put unsulfured molasses in there waterings.

Are they taking longer to dry out? Make sure those pistels are turning brown it could be another 2-3wks.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hi SoOrbudgal Thanks for your reply. I took all my plants out earlier and set up a lamp to get some good light on them while i had a good look around. In answer to your question, yes she is still shooting out some white hairs but not many now most of the pistils have turned brown I would say around 75% of them. The trichomes appear to be about 50/50 clear/cloudy when looked at 30x. Gave up trying to use the 60x scope found that i had to get lens real close which puts a little resin on it and starts to make the image blurry lol. I've got some Blackstrap molasses i ordered off amazon coming tomorrow, bought some locally but it didn't state whether it was unsulphered or not so didn't use it. I've taken some pics of the buds in question with flash (cos i like the way they look so frosty lol) and some without to give a better idea of colour. I've included a couple of shots of the trichomes that i managed to get through scope and some that i took at 8x zoom on phone camera.

P.s Th critical Crack that i thought was going to be second and behind the fat banana that this post was about has more cloudy trichomes and a lot more brown pistils than the FB and so may actually be first for the chop. My other fat banana has mostly white pistles still and mostly clear tichomes.

Attached Files
      3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
      Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
      Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
      Couple of fans for airflow
      First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
      Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
      Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh right thanks CaptainWiese91 It is organic I was just unsure as to whether it was unsulphered, seemed runny and not as dark or thick as I've seen when looking into mollasses. You've grown Fat banana what's your thoughts on how long I have left going by the pics?

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it’s organic it’s unsulphered.
        1-2 weeks maybe. Really depends on the environment. Some I harvested at week 7,5 and some 10 weeks. But all have the same “maturity”. Some took just a little longer than the others

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks CaptainWiese91 that's good to know although my blackstrap mollasses turned up today cost a little more but I think probably a better quality. Mine are at 9 wks and a day today.

Your gonna be happy buds73 waiting those extra weeks. Very close indeed

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope so and if I'm honest I already am SoOrbudgal but there's just a little bit of me that knows that had I taken time to research it could have been so much more so I have a touch of disappointment in that respect. I'm finding the waiting at this stage is harder than it's been at any other time. I think early on in the grow you know it's going to be a little while so you subconsciously accept it but now there's almost a craving for them to be done but I know holding out will be worth it in the long run

I do know what your saying buds73 why we second guess our actions after it's done. It's going to be worth it, your plants are looking great. It's like letting go of a something you've spent so many months with and wondering........every grow will be a little different and be more comfortable to experiment with different methods of growing these medicinal plants. The more i grow the more i learn and try to push my knowledge.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol @SoOrbudgal
        I'm sure it will be, plants are looking pretty good considering what they've been through and your comments are much appreciated. There is a kind of attachment to them I'm been calling them my baby girls for the last 4 months lol but I'll be sure to thank them and apologise to them just before I chop. I wish I had topped my critical crack but at the time I didn't think she was strong enough but she has proved me wrong and has grown quite strong throughout and although her colas are not as big and fat of the others she has a lot of bud all over. Opening up bud sites will be something I will work more on in the future along with topping more than once but I've learned so much in this grow that I feel confident enough to try a little more next time.

She's frosty and starting to be brown, so this is my opinion at 9 wks in flower she is close for harvesting. Your "early flush" wont hurt her. Just give her a bit of molasse and she will be fine. Hey I had girls that I flushed 2 wks before chopping their heads. Some flush 1 wk others 2 wks and sometime a few days. Me personally is around 10 days in the middle.
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 11-27-2020, 12:45 PM.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I read 2wks and 1 wk myself so was aiming to split the difference and flush around a wk and a half before finish. I've given 2 plants just water and mollasses today at a tsp per 2 litres. Couldn't find a definitive answer as to how much to give some said tsp per gallon others tablespoon so I was a little cautious with it. The third plant got another feed of nutes as she has very little browning of the pistlils so far

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Less is sometime better. At least it easier to fix it.

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I was thinking

Same here Farmbuck i did it a few times LOL it's hard when they keep shooting pistils and trichs are cloudy ugg patience

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        You know what SoOrbudgal ? I'm always aiming for 30% amber, I'm not sure why ?? Must be an obsession I have to see amber in my trickies non ?

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im shooting for about 20% Amber myself, again splitting the difference between the 10 - 30% I've read. My motto is if in doubt compromise lol

Yes Farmbuck it is my goal to get 30% amber I just need a steady hand and larger lens these itty bitty scopes are not cutting it for me anymore my vision is blurry trying to focus in on these little viewing areas.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

I do have one like that big round one with the little scope and led light, we using it for print. I totally forgot about the small round one below it......thank you buds73. Now if they had a viewing with 60x to 100 would be great with a lens the size of my glasses LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your Welcome. I did look for 60x ones that size but haven't found any yet

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X