Question about Boveda packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Boveda packs

"Use a quart jar which can hold an ounce but don't fill it" - Size 4 protects up to a half ounce. What do you use in a quart jar - half or ounce size packs? Thanks!
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

I got the 8g 62% packs for my quart jars. Around 3/4 full quart jars. Seem to be working fine.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

I use the one ounce size because you are putting close to an ounce in the jar correct? Now it would make sense to use the half ounce size if I was putting half ounce in the jar or less. Like a car I don’t want it underpowered more horse power is better if that makes any sense.

Comment

Also, do you all use a small hygrometer in every jar? I keep ordering and ordering 'stuff', almost done.

Comment

• Floopydoop
          Floopydoop commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a 6 pack, and basically been running them thru the jars.

Have 10 waiting, they are opened about an hour a day. Around 70%

6 with them, showing around 68%. I empty them into a box for about a half hour to an hour spread out, then put em back.

They get to 62, I take the hygro out and put it in a waiting jar to dial it in.

Seems a good way to go. Or you could buy 3 dozen hygrometers.

:P

GL

• Poppa
          Poppa commented
          Editing a comment
          I use one each of the hygrometers and boveda packs per jar while in storage. I don't add the boveda pack until the RH is in range and stable for 24 hours. I say in range because there is a +/- 5% RH accuracy for the hygrometers.

I also use the 8 with about a half ounce and I put a mini hygrometer in at least one jar from each plant and I purposely put it in with the largest buds because they will have the most moisture in em and I'd rather the smaller stuff be dry than the bigger ones be mouldy
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense, thnx!

I am close to harvest and had decided not to use Boveda packs because I read several reviews that mentioned they result in a odor being added to your buds. Has anyone here experienced this?

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          The packs have a organic material that does release a slight odor during the hay smell you can smell it but as your buds come around the good stink wins and you will never smell the pack smell.

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t call it a odor but if you use Boveda packs prior to curing all you bud will smell the same regardless of strain. I believe they take away from the flavor profile as well. I only use them for long term storage after curing naturally a couple months. If you keep a eye on your bud during the curing process there’s no need to use a humidity pack and you’ll have bud that smells and taste much better.

@RetiredGuy Never had an issue with that and have reused ones I currently own through storage of 3 grows and using them again for this falls harvests.

Comment

• RetiredGuy
          RetiredGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, just ordered some on Amazon.

I find the hygrometer lids functional and easy to read Puglover1

Comment

quirk Those look nice, analog/no batts to replace. Kind of pricey but cheaper on their site than Amazon + free shipping. I have 12 new lids to start, three dozen reg mouth quart jars from a little old lady. They might be antique, they have a big star under "MASON". Ima go broke. Thanks!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X