Looks like a hermie to me, help in verifying please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a hermie to me, help in verifying please

When I checked on the plants this morning I found this on the tallest top bud on the plant. This plant is a clone taken from a flowering plant that was re-vegged, manifolded, then re-flowered. Looks like the start of a ball sack to me. It is a solid ball with pistils coming out of it, no tricomes on it with plenty of tricomes on the adjacent leaves. Should I remove just the balls or take out the entire plant. It is about 2 weeks from schedule predicted harvest, tricomes are still clear.

EDIT- Follow up post at further down- What the heck is this???
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 12-08-2020, 05:21 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

I believe you are correct, and thats a first for me never saw one like that.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Looks like a seed.

Comment

If its solid its a seed! It also looks like a seed, may as well let it ripen now.

Comment

Now that you say that, it does look like a seed. Dam. So there must be hermies somewhere else in the grow. I have inspected, can not find.

Is it possible that pollen could be in the environment as a contaminant? How long is pollen viable after it has left the plant? Could grow area be contaminated with pollen? Had a hermie last grow but didn't know about it until 6 seeds were found in the finished buds when grinding.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Outside pollen can travel 2000 miles on the wind, but most likely from one of the plants in the grow. I aint gonna get in on how long its viable, shortest time I have read was 2 weeks.

Howdy Ckbrew, That looks, to me, to be the early stage (just emerging) of a nanner. Don't panic, just look for some (a few most likely) seeds in the buds that might form, as they will be female seeds.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Here is a follow up on the growth on my plant. I say growth, because I do not think it is a seed or a ball sack or a nanner. I was going to let it mature thinking it was a seed, but today it looked a little different and got the best of me. I pulled it off. It snapped right off and looked like a miniature brussel sprout. I cracked it open and was surprised to see what looks like a miniature curled up plant inside. If this was an animal, I might call it a cyst. Do plants get cysts? What the heck is this? See pix in op for comparison.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a seed to me. Or maybe a chick lol.

Comment

Too me it looks like a undeveloped seed. like it needed time.

Comment

Agreed! It would have been a seed given a few more weeks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X