Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting close to harvest, a few questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting close to harvest, a few questions.

Hi,
    Here are a few photos of my first grow.

I am nearing the end of Week 8 of flowering ( from light switch to 12/12).

I really can’t tell cloudy from clear trichomes in the attached photos. These ladies are gorilla glue from ILGM. Stated flowering time is 8 weeks. I would like to wait until I see at least 10% amber. Estimates of how much longer is needed would be appreciated. These are 2 plants in a 2 x4 cabinet and I am using a Kind XL600 (330 actual watts). Using Lotus nutrients.

I am a little disappointed that the buds aren’t any bigger at this stage. I followed that LBT scrog tutorial. I kept tucking until 2 weeks into flowering. I was surprised by how much the colas lengthened after that, especially the right plant. The one on the left got stunted due to over feeding during veg, and has always been behind. I think I should have defoliated more, it is a very dense canopy. All the warnings about being careful if you are a beginner scared me!

I am also curious about light distance. The taller colas are 24” from the light and the shorter 34”. Kind states 30-34” is the sweet spot, but the taller colas are growing fine with no evidence of burning. Does anybody think lowering the light would help fatten the buds?

My current plan is for a reservoir change tomorrow to which I will add only Lotus Carboflush. After 4 days I will do my final reservoir change to RO water only. My understanding is that the plants can go about 2 weeks on water only. This surely will be long enough to get me to harvest, right?

Sorry for the long message, would love your recommendations.

Looking good !! I've never grown a plant that finished flowering in 8 weeks. Those can go at least 4 more weeks. They will fatten up. Looking good so just be patient.Have a great grow !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

I would let them go another week, then I would harvest. By then you should see amber.

Comment

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

I never go by what the breeders says in term of flowering time. I let the trichomes tell me when it's ready. For me it's ready when I see close to 30% amber. So yes a few more weeks.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I assume you go to 30% because you like more of a “couchlock”?

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Something I do but mostly for the wife when I grow her Kush strains. Remember not all strains with 30%+ give you a couchlock for example the Kali China from Aces for which she is a Indica dominant, 70% Indica, 30% Sativa, I grew her several time with over 30% amber and never she give us a couchlock. Must be the Kali Mist in her.

When in doubt, wait a week. When you think they are ready, wait a week. Im never let down when I wait. Those are beautiful 😍 nice job
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

I’m with everyone else I use a scope to be sure but I don’t even start my flush till week 8 usually takes 10 weeks at least for the trichs to fill up

Comment

Great looking plants btw

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X