Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeds...Where did they come from??? In Prime Harvest Window. NO MALES AROUND.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds...Where did they come from??? In Prime Harvest Window. NO MALES AROUND.

O.K. here is an interesting question. If the "Prime" harvesting window for Sativa is between 10 - 12 weeks, trichomes are 90%+ to 10% milky white to clear, hairs in the 50% to 70% range, where in the world did the seeds come from???????????? No visible signs of seeding from the outside, but when the wife trimmed and bagged up one of the plants, lo and behold seeds???!!! Does this mean that the "Prime" windows is not accurate. I have had this happen before and it is really frustrating because you don't see it! So when would be the best time to harvest Sativa???!!! At or Before 10 - 12 weeks???

It can only be one of two things unless I'm missing something. 1 you somehow took pollen in your grow room. 2 one of your plants had a banana or balls you didn't see
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

A fully mature seed can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks to ripen, there likely was a banana early on in the grow, unless like MeEasy suggested, pollen was brought into the grow from an outside source. If your wife was finding fully mature seeds, the pollination happened some time ago.

Comment

NuggetMan This is where we all question the count with these events. I can't tell you how many times i've had this happen over the years mainly with outdoor.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NuggetMan
          NuggetMan commented
          Editing a comment
          The wind outdoors would be the only thing I could consider, same as the fan in my room. But yet they require fresh air or circulated air to help make the branches strong, so another 50/50 situation.

On my last grow I finished 6 plants and I had one white widow with seeds all 6 plants are in a 2x6 space. I did have a plant herm but got it out fast, I always shuffle my plants around so I can't say where the ww was when the herm showed up
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• NuggetMan
          NuggetMan commented
          Editing a comment
          I did get them very early, I should have throw garbage bags over them before I moved them, but I also had fan running as well for air circulation. Too late I guess.

you know, now that I look back, the 4 that hermaphrodited on me!!! But I caught them early so could this have been the culprit??? Hmmm. I'll have to go back in my pics and see when it was I noticed the difference. That to me makes complete sense now, damn it!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! LOL... I know for fact that the other plant, no seeds were found, so how can this be??? Oh, well, this grow is over, 2 plants curing right now. I hope I don't have a dud and a primo!!! . All in fun but kinda disheartening the way this one went. I hope the next one goes better!!!

In an earlier grow I had this happen with pure females in the room, so I have also read somewhere that I guess the plant gets past it's "prime" (so when is it?) and it will start to produce seeds with no males around but you won't notice it until you see the seed calyx's are really big!!! and it won't happen until you notice it!!! Sneaky!!!So now is "when do you pick???" That bugs the shit out of me after 13 grows!!! Hairs, Trichomes, Age, Oh My!!!
        Last edited by NuggetMan; 11-19-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Where did the seed come from? If you bought feminized seed they may replace them. If it is bag seed this should be expected. I would also expect hermies from this seed.
          I myself have aged plants to death, never had one do the rodelization ever.
          Pollen from outside is certainly possible.
          One getting seeded and the other not, it happens, I pollinated several this year that made not 1 seed, others using the same male set on heavy.

Comment

These were bag seeds.

Comment

A bud with seeds doesn't mean the weed is bunk. Now you have more bag seeds, lol. Wheee!

Comment

• NuggetMan
                NuggetMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to say, I am 1 that has experienced bunk weed with the seeds. Reminded me of back in the day commercial weed from Mexico. Yeah, it catch you a buzz, for a short while and don't taste that great either, and had this happen with 3 different grows but 1 was fairly decent, so I guess it's when you catch it. BUT they are some really nice healthy looking seeds BUT will they do the same thing and Hermie on me??? Makes me wonder???
                Last edited by NuggetMan; 11-23-2020, 07:13 PM.

I'm not disappointed with a few bag seeds. Its likely that one of your plants threw a little banana, probably the same way that the original seed in your bag was formed in the first place.

Comment

• NuggetMan
                NuggetMan commented
                Editing a comment
                I have only used bag seed (where else would you get them from) this whole time and never had an issue until recently, all these weird growing problems have shown up. But I am curious to see what 1 of these seed would yield or turn out to be.

PFM - Pure F(airy) Magic!
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• NuggetMan
                NuggetMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah! POOF! lol...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X