Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I use neem oil for micro-grow with two plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I use neem oil for micro-grow with two plants?

This is my first grow. doing it indoor in a wooden cabinet with two plants. They are in their 4th week. So far I am not seeing any pests or fungus. Should I do a neem oil foliar spray to be on a safer side to avoid any potential pests that might come during flowering or later on. thank you.

What are they growing in? Soil? Hydro? What Neem product do you have? I use Neem cake in my soil and do a foliage spray once a week as a preventative until I flip to flower.

Comment

• lx574
      lx574 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's coco/soil combo. Yet to buy a neem product but plenty available in our place(south asia) but the brand available in western countries is not available.. So you recommend that I do a foliar spray once a week until flower?

Dont use Neem on flowers, it is not safe!

Comment

lx574 yes once a week as a preventative is perfect. The source I use is straight from India so I’m sure you have quality Neem where you are. Do not use it during flower.

Comment

Only use Neem oil if you want your weed to taste like shit.

Comment

kingfish Can you explain when and how you used Neem oil? You say only use it if you want it to taste like shit so I’m wondering?

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Cali, I used it while fighting a Spider mite infestation. Not even during flowering and it made my weed taste just like it smells. Garlicy.

I am going to not use the Neem oil for now. Any other preventive method available for infestation or do you reckon that I better off fight them as they come?

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't put anything on my plant if your plants look healthy.

lx574 you can use aloe Vera once a week it will build up your plants SAR look it up. Also you can use soap nuts also know as Aritha nuts just boil some let them steep over night and use about 15 ml per gallon more won’t hurt and spray. Also for spider mites as a preventative or to eradicate you can use lavender flower. Same thing once a week and just pour about a cup of lavender in a 20 litter bottle let it soak up for 48 hrs and spray. The camphor in lavender will melt the spider mite eggs aswell as kill ofF the spider mites. I use Neem Cake because it’s not as strong as the Neem oil. You also have to be careful where you source the Neem the source I use is Neemresource.com the highest quality Neem you can get. You can use rosemary which has a lot of camphor also mint in other words there is a lot you can use but if you use the aloe soap nuts and any of the above you will be good. Once in flower don’t spray anything that when beneficial insects come into play.

Comment

BU2B From what I understand CHS is usually triggered by the person having H.Pylori which causes ulcers in your stomach so you get that CHS symptoms. A lot of people get stomach burn and don’t know they have H.Pylori unless they get tested for it specifically. Also in living soils there are higher risks of pest infestation so IPM is a must. In my opinion it’s better to prevent any pests from getting into your indoor garden. It’s like vitamins for a plant so if a pest does come in the plant will fight it off easier or prevent it from making a home in your garden. I had to learn the hard way.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. BU2B. so far the girls look beautiful. Since this is my first grow, I am not sure on the probability of the pest infestation. Statistically speaking if 1 out of 50 grows might develop pest infestation, then it's probably not worth taking any preventive but if it's 5 out of 10, then it has to be considered. I am growing in a city on 19th floor. Not much plantations around but still I was surprise to see a green insect ( looked like a grasshopper) sitting on top of my grow box. I have not Idea how it made to 200 feet above ground or where it came from. So I got concerned about other pests that people talk about here.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X