That Darn Cat! 🐈

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Darn Cat! 🐈

For some reason my cat loves the Plants!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I’m sure it’s more of the light tho.... right now I don’t mind it so much bc these ones are little. but I will not be happy when his fat butt starts laying with them when they are flowering. πŸ˜†
    anyone else have this problem??
    Attached Files

There are a few folks who will expect a certain response, from me, about this post sweetcass . You and I don't know each other well enough for me to get into a cat routine.

My neighbor has two older kittens. At least one of them has made it inside his tent and done damage on a few occasions. His darn cat also knocks over and eats houseplants. So much so that I will not give him any more of my propagated houseplants as a gesture of good neighborhliness.

The moral to this story is: Dog's are much less likely to eat your plants. They won't jump three feet into the tent, only to realize they cannot do the same from the inside, and decide to have a snack while they wait for daddy to come home and scold them.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• sweetcass
      sweetcass commented
      Editing a comment
      I have about 9 house plants. I’ve had him since birth and this may sound funny but he listens to me like a dog would lol. he knows commands and does them. He has never bothered my house plants or outside plants. I’ve heard of cats eating plants and peeing on them 🀣
      fingers crossed he chooses to stay out of the tents once the plants are bigger. I have noticed he only goes in the small tent that has a 300w light. he won’t step foot in the 1000w tent. he does however lay outside of it. ever. since I bought my 300w light he has loved it
      ...this thursday tho its being replaced with another 1000w so it will be gone and I don’t see him getting in my tents at that point anymore πŸ˜„

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I know a few deterrents for cats. If you're into the inhumane approach to protecting your weed, I'm your guy.

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, Gingerbeard! Go on with you. You love cats. >^..^<

We have a couple mothers as houseplants and our cat used to eat the leafs occasionally. He never ate the Lilies. They’re ferocious and smart. Btw, if your cat is like mine was he’s hanging around your tents because he likes the heat.

Comment

My cat loves to get into my grow and eat the leaves. Then he comes in and throws it all up. More often than not on my bed. He doesn't eat enough to be a problem but when the plants bud and get sticky his hair sticks to them and can have a serious impact on product. A single hair burned can ruin the taste of a bowl. A couple years ago before I realized how nasty burned hair could be I had some GG-4 that friends began to refer to as GG-fur. This year I was much more diligent about keeping him off the balcony where I grow. He is obsessed with my weed.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        GG-fur is hilarious, but I'm seeing Siamese cat furs when I check buds for trichs.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Gee, I always figured pet fur added some protein to the mix... ;-}

I adopted this guy the day before the shutdown, Friday the 13th of March. He chewed on my Aero-Garden herbs, that's where I germinated 3 seeds. Someone sent me homegrown KY catnip, Sam prefers weed sticks & leaves. I had a container while defoliating, he stuck his head inside and kept pulling out & dropping leaves until he found what he wanted. Had container of water while choosing some clones, I turned away for something and he absconded with a few nice ones. Sometimes he eats leaves, sometimes just wants to play with the stems. Now he's taking pieces of plant twisty ties and dragging them around the house to play with. This room Was his sunny bedroom to nap in until I had to put up the blackout curtains for 12/12. My two pugs don't want anything to do with cannabis, except when I exhale a small vape hit the one sniffs it and then licks his lips. Every dang time.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I used a terracotta bird bath to grow cat grass for Corndog and while he seems to like it, he still prefers the weed. He's the first cat I've ever owned so I really can't say if it's typical behavior or not.

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        You ever thought of growing a "house plant" for him to play with? Just curious.

crucialbunny . All cats are inherently evil creatures. If your cat is behaving evilly, that is typical behavior. A cat is either asleep and dreaming about behaving evilly, or awake and planning evilness. Cats cannot be trusted. And cats suck the lives out of people when they are asleep.

What is my evidence? Every other person in this forum who has told some cute anecdote where their cat ate their plants. Weed, house or otherwise.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        If eating or consuming cannabis is evil then I shudder to think what your take on humans is...lol.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I will treat humans who eat my plants the same way I treat cats who eat my plants. I think that is perfectly fair, wot?

Do not listen to any cat detractors on this forum: cats bring tremendous good luck to the grow!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	cannacat.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	465588
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Gingerbeard you vermillion villian, you scarlet scoundrel, you carroty curse, you ochre ogre, you tangerine torment, you amber affliction, you firey foe:

You are totally wrong about cats.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Nu-uh.

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        Is that kitty's name "Buddy"? Just "Bud"? Seriously, how many you got?
        Cuz no one can have just one >^..^<

Cats are badass, ferocious creatures. They’re incredibly smart, excellent hunters and take no crap. Even a kitten will leave you bloody when provoked. I find it funny that a bunch of pot heads are fussing about their cats eating some of your leaves. Just accept the fact you have more in common with your furry pet than you thought, I mean seriously, your cat wanted to take the edge off. We should all understand.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, bboy, you are correct: Cats are fabulous. And anyone who doesn't understand that Great Truth is delusional and probably has a vitamin deficiency.

Satan's oldest trick is to convince you he doesn't exist.

You people want to get rid of the hoyvin-glavin that invade your plants, with extreme prejudice. When a cat eats several seedlings or defoliates veggers, you post a picture trying to show how cute it is that your cat just made salad of your harvest. I don't get it. I will treat cats at my plants the same way I get rid of flavins: Soak 'em in vinegar water until they're gone. Whatever 'gone' means.

For the moment, Dabber keeps the neighbor cat at bay. Cat will try to sneak in the house. Dabber hangs on until I give her the 'tschoop'. When the tschoop happens, Dabber makes like a cruise missile and runs and swipes at cat. Cat goes belly up in submission. Dabber rears up to pounce and comes down with a paw on either side of cat's body. A paw or two at the exposed belly. Cat stretches. Cat runs back home with Dabber in pursuit. Yeah, it's cute. Not the cat. Dabber. The cat is Satan spawn.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        I don't let the cats in the grow area. THC is actually toxic to cats. Fortunately they eat the plants and then throw them up someplace you aren't expecting to find it in your bare feet. Inside kitties can't go outside and bring in yard-smut, but eating the plants isn't good for the cats OR the plants.
        And now after I've seen what kind of lint I've accidentally deposited on my buds without help from the cats, I may start vacuuming myself before I stick my head in the tent, lol. But, the little darlings have the run of the rest of the house.
        The cats, not the buds

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Clearly, Dabber is in love. Good dog.

A bud in a bun for Gingerbeard with galaxy guardian kitties
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. Saw your July 4 tribute. Not my guardian.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Oooooh, gimme the mustard and ketchup!!! YUM!!!!

Canna-cat story: I had a Siamese in jr high, and then again in the 80/90's. She lived to almost 15 yrs old. I had a tavern one block due north of my house, people would come over to get high. Zsa Zsa was very sociable when we were passing a bowl, she'd stand in the middle, look up and cry. She'd come by me when I was smoking bats at home, I'd give her shotguns in her ear. She wanted it, and she'd chill afterwards. If I was down to my last bat I'd share it with her. When she was euthanized unexpectedly due to hyperparathyroidism I realized that she knew the weed was medicine.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        What a good, smart animal!!

Only picture I have of them near my plants. I used to have pictures of them "sunbathing" in the grow lights when the tents were open but I must have deleted them from my phone. My dogs and I have had an understanding now for a while, they stay out of my tents and leave my plants alone, and I will feed them all the leaves they can handle when I defoliate. Part that's harder for me is keeping the dog hair off the buds. I kind of keep up with it throughout flower but I remove as much as I can when I trim. Definitely don't like them getting anywhere near my flowering plants though, one little brush against it and there's hair all over. Luckily they don't try going in my flowering tent, even when I'm in there watering.
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X