topping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

topping question

I'm getting ready to mainline my next grow and my question is. What is my first node? Is it the single serrated leaf or is it the first true leaf?

I would go with the first true leaf. To me, the node is the cross section where new branching occurs. So I do wait until I have a true leaf and then anything above that is fair game.

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ChadWestport I'm going into uncharted waters. I normally don't top my plants. This will be a whole new world.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      I always top them, but rarely do mainlining. I usually let it get to about 5 nodes and then I top and start manipulating the branches out, similar to the structure of mainlining. I'm 95% of the time from clone, which makes mainlining a little more challenging due to natural structure, but from seed is the best time to get that style going.

I’ve had the best results mainlining by counting the set of 3 serated leaves as node 1 and letting it grow 5 nodes from there. I top to the 3rd node and wait a week before removing any other growth because it seems to help with the stunting. I suggest reading Nebula’s tutorial on manifold and use that method over a mainline. You’ll get your 8 colas 3-4wks faster. Bigger plant in less time and a lot less stress 👍🏻

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold

Comment

Here is at the 2nd and 4th node,
      the 3rd, and the 2nd.
      - SF Tent 70x70x160cm/27x27x63"​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ -4" exhaust-
      ​​​​​​​-SF1000+QB1000 for flower- - Inkbird Temp/Hum control-
      -Black Gold Organic, chicken compost, perlite. 1•1•1-
      -Earth Dust dry amendments- -5g fabric pot-

Comment

Thanks everyone. I found a great tutorial on U tube. I always say, "If you want to know how to do something, someone else has done it and made a video of it." Sure enough. put "Mainlining cannabis Nugbuckets style" in search. It just didn't show which was the first node.

Comment

Started Mainlining. I grew them to the 5th node and topped them at the 3rd.

Comment

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks SoOrbudgal I'm following the GWE tutorial and it seems pretty easy.

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            kingfish if you just follow the tutorial you’ll be golden. I’ve never grown crap before and I just started 12/12 last night on a couple bag seeds I been manifolding. I just went by the tutorial and it was super easy.

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Xena, do you have some pictures?

This was a week or two ago....newest I have at the moment.
          Attached Files

Comment

Xena, that is a nice looking girl. I harvested my last GSC after 9 weeks of 12/12.

Comment

Started tying them down.

Comment

It's fun giving them training like this. When the side shoots start to grow north and you get a visualization of what your canopy can be in the future. Growing is fun

Comment

Mainlining has begun.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Boy those look great.

• QueenofOG
                    QueenofOG commented
                    Editing a comment
                    GREAT photos of your process! I'll be following along... starting my very first grow next month and planning on this technique as well!

Looks awesome! I was reading that tutorial last night but a little bummed because it says not to use that technique for autos and so far, that's all I grow.

Comment

• kingfish
                    kingfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    https://youtu.be/LA5SbAmxl1g This guy specializes in Autos.

• Xena
                    Xena commented
                    Editing a comment
                    dakini9 look up doubledealing72 (I think that’s right) the bottom of his posts have a link to his thread “quadlining”. I’m gonna try at least one auto following the technique this grow.

Quick update on my big girls. 7th week of flowering.

Comment

Damn, looking very very nice

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X