No announcement yet.

How I average a pound per plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good explanation calling it the " final push " i totally agree. Seeing this now in my GSC now they are clones from reveg moms. I've spent so long now on clones and not seeds it's very different to me so many different variance's on growth between clone and seed to me.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Great tutorial. Very informative. I’ve been using Nebula’s manifold my last few grows and love it. It’s a head scratcher to me when I see GWE members still using a mainline but to each his or her own. I have 2 Bubba Kush and 2 Hindu Kush sprouts in CocoLoco just growing their 4th true nodes. I’m going to manifold one each and BU2B one each just to compare side by side. I left the PPP off bc I won’t have room to grow them out massively but I’ll post side by side pics along the way to compare. Next grow I’m only growing 2 plants using your method in AutoPots with a full 8wk veg. I’m not in hydro so I don’t expect a PPP however I’m averaging 5-6oz per plant using the mainline so I’ll be shooting for a 3/4PPP lol

I’m sure I’ll change my mind a few times before the next round begins but currently I’m leaning towards a Cali Dream and White Widow. Although we’re getting low on GG#4 which is sacrilege around here 😂

Anyways, thanks again for the insight into your method. I’ve been allowing one or two colas to outgrow the others then pull them to the center to fill that (donut hole) you mention earlier and appease my OCD. I like the idea of leaving the upward growth tips much better!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	33644B90-45DC-47BB-BADB-D781424A0DA4.jpeg
Views:	650
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	468510
        About two weeks to go.

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice job on the yoyos I was curious how you would hold up that many tops, that's where my frustration was and I never had that many tops, I have severe vertigo and well that should say it all lol

Yup that is a really good job. Not sure how much this is true and not willing to test myself but I heard from a grower that if you let the cola flop to the side without support that cola thinks it’s dying and won’t grow anymore or the plant will set its energy on the others. Have you noticed that on a branch that you may have supported vs one that you didn’t? This was on an outdoor plant inside makes more sense because the light won’t hit it like one standing tall. Just wondering.

Comment

• BU2B
          BU2B commented
          Editing a comment
          I really haven't noticed any significant difference in whether branches are supported or not (unless they snap or fold.) However, I'm not sure that is actually saying much as I use yoyo's when the plants need them to keep branches from snapping or folding over. As I generally use support, I'm probably not a good one to ask as I really have nothing to compare it to. And... as you said, not willing to give it a try and see

Thank you so much for the excellent lessons. I appreciate the 7+transition days from veg to bloom, I'm gonna be doing that. GWE is my go to site for all things grow so I figured the forum would be full of folks who knew their stuff.

I hope you don't mind if I bend your ear and ask a question. I should have taken much more off the middle of this plant a couple of weeks ago and I wonder if I'd do more harm than good if I did it now at week 6 day 4

The situation is, I moved my grow to bloom early to give them a chance to get through the rest of their life before the broad mites had a chance to come back and while they were lush and in good health. One of the monster cropped clones grew so wildly that between being a monster, LST, and losing tips from various blows it ended up looking a bit like yours. The base has 6 main lines and there must be 40 grow tips but it's small, it all fits in about a *24"*18" and 18" tall.
        How far into bloom would you take out the lesser grow tips that aren't going to do much so that the larger 40 colas have a better chance of finishing off better?
        I just realized, I bet the seeds my husband is growing on 3 or 4 of the stalks is taking a lot of energy from the rest of the buds.

Thoughts are welcome.

Comment

• BU2B
          BU2B commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the post. And more than happy to answer your question. (PLEASE NOTE: This topic will be covered more extensively in the upcoming final PDF of this method.)
          I find that the first three weeks of flowering gives you a lot of direction and idea of which undergrowth branches to cull. By that time I’ve pretty much determined which undergrowth branches to nourish and tend to and which to remove. This also falls right into line with the “Schwazzing” timetable mentioned in Post #60

Up until 6 weeks ago (to my shame for not reading the newsletter) I didn’t even know what “Schwazzing” was. Now I find I are one [or something like that]

I really doubt that 4 branches out of 40 will put much, if any strain on your yield. Yes growing seeds takes juice, though not necessarily a significant amount. For practical purposes it’s truly only hurting your flower yield if an ‘unplanned for amount’ of flower weight is replaced by seed weight.
          Last edited by BU2B; 11-20-2020, 04:13 AM. Reason: Translation

Ah-ha, I used that article on schwaszzing as my defoliation guide at beginning of 12/12 and at week 3.I couldn't remember where I read it was ok to prune small undergrowth not getting light.

But here it is! "No more major defoliation after 3 weeks of 12/12! As the flowering stage progresses, you may still prune away any small growth underneath that doesn’t get light, as well as big fan leaves that block bud sites and can’t be tucked away."

Out of the 4 plants I have going this one I couldn't find the center because of the tangle of stem and leaf in its middle but finally got there a few days ago and I see more that needs to go on the others as well.

Thanks, that's literally exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

eagerly waiting on the pdf version!

Comment

Good to know about the seeds not causing too much stress to the other buds. Thanks. One of my others is a boggle gum from seed and its seed buds are at least twice as tall as all the others on the same plant. I'm jealous of the fat seeds buds.
            Last edited by Gracey; 11-20-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: The PDF is coming along nicely thanks to a lot of hard work, deciphering and editing by grouchyoldman Release date is still set for December 15th and either myself or grouchyoldman will be posting the PDF of this journal as the final post, closing out the journal. I will be requesting that the journal be added to 'Completed Grow Journals" here on GWE so that even if it doesn't make it into the tutorial section it will be available to peruse and download.

A special thanks to all who have followed this journal and who have helped 'make it happen'.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	20 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	468899
              Harvest pics and Total Weight per plant and for the grow as a whole are still to be posted.

"At the top of the hill
              At the feet of the tree
              I found the truth in an apple seed
              Who would've known
              That when it had grown
              I could see all the stars and all the cosmos
              Some say I'm sick and some call me mad
              They say I've lost all that I've had
              True I am mad for the light, for the spark
              That resides in the deepest depths of my heart"
              T. Hall

Happy Holly Daze
              Last edited by BU2B; 11-22-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks BU2B.for an early X-Mass present

Comment

Thanks for all of this valuable information! I found this right after moving the seedlings to 1 gal. pots on 11/18, I want to follow this technique - should I re-plant in the larger fabric pots now (1 week) or start the training in the 1 gallon?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    iwanttoknow please take the time to start a new topic on a new post of your question. Be sure and have all the info about your grow. Lights, soil or hydro, food for the plants if you give any the brand helps to know. Are you growing in a tent, closet or ???

• BU2B
                    BU2B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If it was me, I would start in the larger fabric pots. Your plant's will need transplanted into the larger pots - so in the future, it is probably a good idea to start with the larger pots to avoid having to transplant. If you would like help with this method after December 15th (when this journal will close) please feel free to private message me at any time and I will do what I can to help. That being said, I agree with SoOrbudgal for general plant care and assistance with your grow it may be a good idea to start your own journal or peruse the massive amount of information available here on GWE. Happy Pharming!

I just got a pre-roll but it’s my first time smoking it, how much should I smoke? Coz I’m not too worried about my lungs because I’ve been smoking cigarettes for about 5 years
                  I found only this article https://www.tampabaynewswire.com/202...xplained-85699
                  Last edited by Kembel; 11-27-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    as much as you need to get stoned take 4 or 5 good tokes then wait 10 minutes ,if you dont feel stoned at the end of ten minutes smoke some more

Lol oldjarhead100 4 or 5 good tokes for a first timer equals a greenout for a newbie. I'd start with one. then wait a half hour. But thats just me. But first I'd move this to another thread. This is a great thread and we should stay on topic.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    smoorman wonder what happened to that newbie smoker LOL hope he did'nt face plant in a snow hill?

4 days till harvest.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	40960416-077B-48F1-BD6F-BA942952CCD0.jpeg
Views:	462
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	471089

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How beautiful almost smell them

• Ckbrew
                    Ckbrew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, what a nice harvest. A true inspiration.

• Dieselgrower
                    Dieselgrower commented
                    Editing a comment
                    very nice. I have 2 seedlings going to try this.

Very very nice

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X