Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

( Off topic) Will a humidifier work in a large room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeba
    commented on 's reply
    Correction, I meant dehumidifier not humidifier!

• CaptainWiese91
    replied
    I have mine in the tent all day. But it’s usually only on in the night. When the tent is closed.
    mine is both a humidifier and a dehumidifier l. But it can cover a 25 square meter area. And have a capacity on 10 L water.

in the winter time it’s really nice I have it. Because it will keep the temperature up in the winter night when the lights are of.
    and here late in flowering I’m dropping the RH to 35 % every night.

Leave a comment:

• smoorman
    replied
    Are you talking about a humidifier or de-humidifier? Do you live where a whole house unit is called for? Here in MI there is a good chance your cat may burst into flames from static electricity in the winter.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Agreed. When it’s really humid I put the dehumidifier beside the tent with the exhaust blowing towards the air intake at the bottom of my tent. I have to combat the added heat with a ac unit but this can keep humidity close to 50% when lights are off. You have to get a proper sized dehumidifier though. My grow room is 100sqft and my dehumidifier is up to 200sqft
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-26-2020, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cheeba
    replied
    Having a humidifier next to the tent, not in the tent, is working for me. A small floor fan brings in the lower humidity air through an open tent flap, it circulates up and out the inline exhaust fan. Growing in a 2.5x2.5’ tent in basement storage room.

Leave a comment:

• Justinblack
    replied
    Don't oversize the unit—you'll likely end up with excess moisture problems. It's better to err on the smaller size. When buying a whole-house humidifier, keep in mind that though they are designed to cover a large area—your whole home, how well moisture is discharged to the full area depends on your home's layout.
    Last edited by Justinblack; 10-28-2020, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ( Off topic) Will a humidifier work in a large room?

I hope that expert will help me and give me advice.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X