1st Grow... thanks GWE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Grow... thanks GWE!

First ever real grow, gambled on a Nightmare OG bag seed. This little lady threw me nothing but curve balls since I switched to 12/12 on September 12th. Started to herm about 3 weeks into flower, nute burn followed that, now leaves starting to yellow. Thanks to you guys I’ve been able to pull it out of the flames every time. Hoping she can make it about 3-4 more weeks until harvest.

Only question I have is the yellowing leaves. Is that part of the normal life cycle, or do I have some kind of deficiency?

thanks again for the wealth of knowledge on GWE. would have never gotten this far without it.

Mars hydro TS600
    Mars hydro 27”x27”x63” tent
    Vivosun 6” exhaust fan
    coco/perilite 60/40 mix
    General Hydro flora trio + cal mag
    3 gallon fabric pot

good job keeping things going. Nice looking buds. Especially for 1st grow.
    Don't worry about lower fan leaves turning yellow slowly as flowering nears its end. that's normal.

Comment

• DaveB9678
      DaveB9678 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. I definitely learned a lot, made a few rookie mistakes but she always bounced back. Looking forward to getting her in jars, and starting the next grow.

top job for first grow mate

Comment

Normal yellowing great recovery you did.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Wow 🤩 Gorgeous looking plant! Clearly you caught those curveballs running.👍

Comment

Great job B9678, nice plant.
          The growing is the easy part, be sure to read Nebs tutorials on drying an curing,
          HappyGrowing
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• DaveB9678
            DaveB9678 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve read through them, and am sure I’ll have to again. Don’t want to mess up the most important part of the process.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            DaveB9678 I'm sure your gonna do fine, just don't overdry , an you should be just right.
            Your doing great!!

Looks like she still has a good month to go so keep her on schedule. Great job! Those already fat colas haven’t stopped growing 👍🏻

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I would guess too, about a month, those flowers will be way bigger, an denser by then, an alot heavier.
            That's the best first grow I've seen in awhile, sometimes them bagseeds do great.

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            My first couple grows were under T5’s because I thought that’s all you needed but wondered why my buds were all stringy and didn’t look anything like what I could buy or see in high times. Then I bought a SunScape combo that used 2 150w HPS bulbs and 4 T5’s plus it came with 2 sets of bulbs in 3000k and 6500k. Wow what a difference that light made lol the Internet has definitely shortened that learning curve

• DaveB9678
            DaveB9678 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m amazed at what this little light is capable of. For 90 bucks it’s definitely worth a look, for a small setup.
            Last edited by DaveB9678; 10-25-2020, 02:34 PM.

Finally busted out my "real" camera, and got some macro shots..

Comment

Nice work Dave, you flipped 7 days after me and your buds look hearty!
            Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

Thanks Cheeba, they’re getting super dense. Starting to get a little impatient, can’t wait to try her out.

Comment

DaveB9678 it’s taking forever, right? Trying to wait until day 63 before I check trichs every day.
                Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

• DaveB9678
                  DaveB9678 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s like having a present that you can’t open for 2 months.

Day 52 of flower, thinking another 2 weeks until harvest? Leaves are starting to yellow up a lot more now, and lost a bunch over the last week. I can't really tell if the trichomes are turning white yet. Most of the hairs are turning a nice light orange though... What do you guys think?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really hard to judge but those look really good. Please do not harvest early you want those looking cloudy with also some amber in the heads of the trichs. Look at all the colas just make sure all of them are milky they look like they are getting plump you are doing great

• DaveB9678
                  DaveB9678 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It looks like some are turning amber already. I'm not the best with the jewelers loupe yet, just trying not to miss the harvest window. I know it can come and go pretty quick.

• lalaland
                  lalaland commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice plant! She’s looking great👍

looking nice mate top job for first grow just keep an eye on tricomes mate

Comment

Day 63... She's looking like she's about ready to come down. Still not sure whether to do it this weekend or next. Definitely starting to see some amber in those trichs..
                  Attached Files

Comment

• DaveB9678
                    DaveB9678 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It was a true test of patience without a doubt, but so worth it. It's crazy how rewarding the whole process has been. I'm hooked for sure, and now it's legal in my state! Many a grows to come, just need to decide which strain to run.

• Cheeba
                    Cheeba commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow! Those babies really fattened up in 10 days. Congrats on a successful harvest! I could zoom in all the way to the trichs in your photos, nice.

• DaveB9678
                    DaveB9678 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks Cheeba. I'm a photographer/graphic artist by trade, so it was a lot of fun to document the grow with photos. Macro photography has always been one of my favorites, and getting the closeups of this lady was so cool.

Ordered up some dos-si-dos and green crack auto seeds from grey beards today. Two of my favorite strains, can’t wait to get them started. Hopefully everything good I’ve heard about grey beards is true.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X