Calcium deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Calcium deficiency?

First time grower here. These poor plants have been through the ringer while I learn and now I've got another issue. They're drooping, turning yellow, and spotting. I cooked the crap outta the roots and had some root rot a few weeks ago but now my temps are good, the reservoir smells normal, and the roots are nice and creamy white. I have some cal-mag I can add, but thought I'd ask the experts before acting!

Thanks as always!
    Attached Files

Some of your leaves look identical to the problem I just had, root rot. If you have Cal Mag available I would add it, help me last year. I currently add about 2.5ml per gal in my current totes.
    You can check my current grow for the root rot issue, I have not posted pictures of the recovery yet, but will in the next couple of days.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• mtgshmoopy
      mtgshmoopy commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume you mean your Sour Diesel grow? My leaves do look similar to yours. I always give them hydroguard when I add the nutrients which is why I'm at a bit of a loss. When I had root rot a few weeks ago it was obvious from the smell. This time there's no smell and the roots look great comparatively. I'll take a photo of them and add it here to bump the thread when I get a chance.

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I add hydroguard also, I think my problem stemmed from accidently screwing up one of totes and had to quickly replace it without going thru all the cleaning I normally do. Once I upped the Hydro per gallon, the problem is going away. Mine never really smelled, just snotty and nasty looking.. They look much belter now.

Here's the photo of the roots. You can see the remnants of my previous root rot issues.

Should I stay the course and this is just leftovers or do I need to change the water and clean it out again?

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I would maintain your current schedule of changing out, from the spread of little spreader roots off the main trunk it looks like you may have stopped or controlled the root rot. I would look at adding CalMag.

Its only been about 3 days since I upped the Hydroguard, I only double up the dosage when I see rot. Nutrient stain will fool you, but if its rot the little hairs will be slicked down along the main feeder with yucky stuff. You can see the little hairs coming back, so should be on its way to recover.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• mtgshmoopy
      mtgshmoopy commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! I'm going to double my hydroguard for a week or two and add calmag from now on.Thanks so much for the advice and reference photos!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X