Cheaty "Top Shelf" sellers at my State Taxed dispensary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheaty "Top Shelf" sellers at my State Taxed dispensary

Finally got a 3 stage grinder so I can collect some of the kief and get a good chop for my vape.
    After going thru 2 jars with 3.5g in each....there's barely a dusting of kief in the bottom chamber.

Grinded up a tiny tester bud off my outdoor plant, and got a good amount in the chamber.

So it's become obvious to me at this point.
    These guys are getting 65+ bucks an eighth in packaged jars you can't see until it's paid for and home.

And they're bouncing the buds on a screen before packaging. Same company also sells jars of kief

Dirtbags gonna dirtbag.
    Careful at your local dispensaries....it's like buying dope behind a 7-11 in the 80's again....only taxed and milked for every bit of cash.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

and that is after they run it through an auto trimmer and collect the trichs from that process before they shake it again. Enjoy!

Comment

Round here they scissor trim- Its an actual job on Craigslist- but they cut it deep so the buds look pretty but they took all the surface trics. I'm sure they use the trim for dabs n edibles same as your area.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise And you believed that? That's way more than the bud is worth. A really good trimmer can knock out a pound in 3 to 4 hours depending on the grass to be trimmed. The fastest trimmers will do about 3-3.5 pounds per day (~12 hours). The highest quality buds around here bring $2,500 a pound at the dispensary. The usual pay is about $150 or one ounce per pound of product trimmed. I don't believe there is a soul on this earth who has ever paid or made $2,500/hr for trimming. Maybe the person was reading it and he or the writer got the decimal point mixed up and it was supposed to be $250 but that would be per pound, not hour and still high. It's typically performance based pay and the best ones make equivalent to about $50-$60 per hour. Food and drinks are covered by the boss as well and noone is allowed to leave until the job is done either so bring your pillow and blanket.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        FunkyButtLovin. That sounds like a damn good job, maybe when I was younger, that trimmin ain't my favorite part by no means, I sure ain't fast at it neither, so they probably wouldn't hire me no how, lol
        Lots of work in weed business though ain't it? Lots of money been made, I hope it does good in this state next month, they all sayin that Prop65 bill is gonna pass.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        FunkyButtLovin could be the sales dude was trying to sell an expensive bud trimming machine. They would have to trim a lot of bud to make that money, I cant do it!

By the way OP, not all trichomes will pass through the screen. I've ran ounces of my own frosty buds through my new Mendo Mulcher and it has very little kief in the bottom chamber, most stays on top of the screen. Just because you're not collecting kief does not necessarily mean that the buds you're buying have been through a process to remove most of the trichomes. I'm not saying it didn't happen but it's not likely, how about some microscope shots of said weed?

Comment

• Floopydoop
        Floopydoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Took a pic, didn't know how to add it here, so it's at the bottom. It's pretty bad actually. Comparing it to the fresh stuff that was just covered in heads....now that it's taxed they seem to be milking it as hard as possible. One bud had some heads on one side, right by some suspicious looking black crap. Top Shelf, indeed.

Commercial dispensary weed is like anything else people doing for profit. They have figured out how to sell the same bud twice, so they'll do it. My big bitch is having a container of top shelf bud smell like a hay field when I get the lid off. Sometimes its crunchy. All of it trimmed within an inch of it's life. And for those of us who depend on the retail labeling to be accurate - those of us who use it as medication - ARGH!
      It's the number one reason I am trying to grow it. The state of WA is making way too much flippin money in sales tax for them to bother with making sure the labeling is correct and it costs me too much money to be wrong.

Comment

Even shine was cut with spring water, dirt bags are going to be dirt bags.
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          That's how that has been done since distilling started. Some of that double run stuff'll come out so hot it'll blind ya. They temper it to a good flavor & still potent.

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, but there is cutting the heat, and there is making the buck. Any shine I have had over the last several years (Real shine), I knew the man and his still. By no means do I mean it happens all the time, but it does happen. Only person I ever knew that would drink the first 40 drops was my granddad, and he did not do it very often :-)

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya

I can't wait to go in my first legal weed store, y'all are lucky to be in them legal states.
        We voting next month on Medical, ,whatever that is, but it ain't gonna be legal to grow it though, I don't think, in this redass state ,and then I'd bet it will take 3-4years before the first store is open, to do business.
        We all hoping for the best though, but I swear I don't see how storebought, could be any better than what I see on here , there's some pretty plants on Gwe, especially if its been dried an cured right.
        I know I'm gonna buy some of that storebought when ever the first store opens up, i damn sure aint payin 65 an eighth though, i aint payin for it if i cant look at it neither,
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly right!!!
          Don't be like Dr. Hook- I got stoned & I missed it!!!!!

I can't remember how many 100s of millions in the 1st 3yrs of full legalization here but I'm almost positive it was in the low 800s...... MILLION in canibus taxes.

They hit the grower for the permit then again on the sale to the dispensary, then the dispensary & you both on your transaction.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          JDU We been trying for along time to get legal, that Prop65 got way more than enough votes the first time, it passed .
          It's getting voted on for legal Medical in Nov.
          We doing all we can, I promise you,
          The Rep. Got a bill called 65a, just to confuse people, MedMjMs,got adds on tv every night telling folks not to vote for 65a, but vote for Prop65.
          They say it will pass, well see, hope they right.

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          Here in Missouri, legal shops only opened this weekend. As usual, the prices are a prince's ransom and quantities are limited. Thank Jah for our homegrow provision! Missouri NORML along with our partner New Approach Missouri got an outstanding medical program established via state constitutional amendment. We were Amendment 2. Amendment 3 was a competing measure that would have made one guy in Missouri very rich (the guy behind the amendment!) There was also a competing state question that was abandoned by its sponsors because our amendment was superior. We still had to campaign against those two with no extra budget for that and we got the job done: ours passed with 66% support and the other two failed with 33% support.

Now where i live the dispensary that i go to who's legit and always gives abit of extra when you buy grams. Now they let me smell it and get a good look at it with the lid open. They just started doing this again. Man i don't know how the prices are gonna go this year with lots of fires?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Flower isn't prepackaged here, it's all in bulk jars and they weigh you up whatever you want out of the exact jar you smell and look at.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          We cant smell em anymore damn covid but we have some places who have bulk & they weigh out for ya & some sell pre packs.

• Floopydoop
          Floopydoop commented
          Editing a comment
          Used to do that here, but those guys weren't paying their taxes and got gangraped by DEA. Now it's just the sealed jars inside cardboard that you have no idea what's inside. Then you come home with mids after dropping 65 bucks. Disappointing really. But now i got enough to last me a year. So they can eat a bag of something.

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
        I can't wait to go in my first legal weed store, y'all are lucky to be in them legal states.
        I know I'm gonna buy some of that storebought when ever the first store opens up, i damn sure aint payin 65 an eighth though, i aint payin for it if i cant look at it neither,
        I’m not in a legal state either but have a place right over the state line from me and if your state is priced the same then you are payin 65 an eighth or you’re not buyin unless you want a 20 dollar joint.

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          OUCH!!!! Need 3 jobs to git high!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nearest state to us is Missouri, ain't going that far, when we got plenty.
          I sure as hell aint payin 65 an eighth, though, if I can't see it, it can't be no better than good homegrown bud. But I'm still gone buy some one day just to say I bought Legal weed.
          We ain't got no near bordering state that's legal, we in the deep South.

Wow..... and not a good wow
        I used to live in Vancouver Canada and could by an ounce at government Shops for 140AA or 200 for AAAA per oz
        i live in Ontario now and the Native Mohawks have an area on the reserve 2 x 2 km with over 100 shops selling anything from flower to infused slushies. Saw a sign last week for 89$oz. you don’t want to smoke it, but that’s not the point.
        I’m so sad For everyone that getting your medicine is so difficult. It’s bullshit
        Last edited by lalaland; 10-16-2020, 04:59 PM. Reason: Edit to price per oz

Comment

Try putting that grinder in the freezer then scrape again. You're better off growing your own frosty bud. For me, Bruce Banner from my previous grow has the most kief of anything I've grown. I'm sure more traditional hash-making varieties like Hindu Kush are great for that too.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm gonna try an get some BruceBanner seeds myself, I heard it was powerful smoke,
            Most trich heavy plant I've grown here lately was some of FBL, seeds from on here , a StrawberryCheeseCake cross.
            The next best was a Gelato from Fastbuds,

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey! It was the FBL Cheesecake cross that had the neighbor think a nearby den of skunks were gonna get his layin hens!!!! I ain't foolin!

Best side of the "best" bud. Nearly no heads.

Compare to the one I've got about ready to harvest in the backyard.....yeah. Glad I found this place and just decided to do it.
          Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            You can at the NuWu dispensary in Las Vegas. The Paiutes found a way.

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know! If I ever wake up in Vegas I'll be sure to stop in 👍

• Floopydoop
            Floopydoop commented
            Editing a comment
            AccidentalGardener this is the company's site. Various sizes, all hidden in cardboard boxes. Funny thing is, you look at their site and they have this garbage about making sure everyone gets to taste the "good stuff". https://www.claybourneco.com/home I'd stay away from everything they jar up.

Yep your own homegrown cookie jar is the best. Last night i finally rolled a not cured doobie of some outdoor GSC just for a taste. They smell so good in the tent and outdoors right now. Well like someone posted i think it was JDU who said " do i have to light it " well i did not for about a minute. I took some dry draws and the taste was so fresh and sweet i finally light that doobie up. Oh the smell was lovely.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            I have to hide the GSC from the bride, we only have about a quart jar left now (She has a tendency to give away). I love the smoke and the smell.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X