Curing Jars vs Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing Jars vs Bags

Greetings growers! For our doors growers it’s about that time folks.
    My buds are huge and they don’t fit in my jars. I have some zip loc freezer bags that would work.
    Could I use the bags with my bovida pack or should I cut my buds down to mugs and put em in the jars??

Help lol

If the choice is zip bags or amber jars, I would cut them down to nugs I use these Amber Jars, the nugs seem to dry and cure better than the one gal clear jars I had been using.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• EzPz
      EzPz commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t have any tinted jars but that’s good to know thx

I have run into this issue before and was really reticent to cut up my beautiful colas. One day while buying some cure jars I noticed these really tall jars for storing spaghetti noodles. They work great and show off your work nicely.

Comment

Turkey bags will work as well
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Hi, Does that mean that plastic containers, whether bags or jars, are just as good as glass? I have been using zip loc bags which seem to work ok, but then I don't have much experience. Cheers....

Comment

• EzPz
          EzPz commented
          Editing a comment
          You can use plastic containers as long as they are BPA free and or food grade like those zip lock tubberware. I used those for my first few harvest.

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          PET plastics are food grade, easier to find in amber and fairly cheap.

I am low on funds and don’t wanna spend my beer money on bigger jars lol but might get the wife to pick up some big ass tubberware from her catalogs.
        I’m on the lookout for hugs glass jars like cookie jars.
        I have one last harvest then I’m done.

PS
        the bags do not keep air in but I’m guess that’s good because the bovida pack is in there right? Least I don’t have to burp it.
        just set it and forget it.

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          I use turkey bags and burp them daily. I fold the top of the bag over about an inch and then fold the sides in on themselves. Provides a nice seal when the tie wrap is applied. I also use jars but I think I like the bags better. I use the humidity packs as well.

• Hammer53
          Hammer53 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just a suggestion. If you have a restaurant or diner near by you might can get 1 gal jars that condiments come in. I have several

If you want to use bags, these are the ones to use. No Boveda packs necessary. https://grovebags.com/

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          You had to burp yours in the bags? I haven't had to, I just give them a good shake every day or 2. I usually dry mine and trim, put in jars with a Boveda pack until the moisture gets back up in the 50-60% range, and throw in the bags to cure. I really wish they'd strengthen the zipper part though, I have a problem with them coming apart too.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you've got a good system.

#Grovebags Strengthen the zipper!

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely agree with that!

Those bags are ideal for advanced storage after like 1-2 weeks of burping in jars but I talked to Maggie from the company and she is sending me a sample batch to test the jars na bags theory’s and she said I will be happy with the result and she expects another order in the near future. Very confident in her product.

Comment

PS.
          I have moved my stash to a big cookie jar. Cured in bag for 4 days and then added the boveda pack to the jar.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X