Ready to flip But.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to flip But.....

I'm eight weeks in and the top of the canopy is ten inches high. I think it's time to flip but, in light of a possible SNAFU I've discovered, I'm wondering if I should wait a couple of days. The plants seem to be progressively getting more of a lime green color. You can see as you go counter clock-wise from the bottom left they get greener. The greenest one is the runt of the gang. It's propped up to get the same light. So what's the SNAFU? I though I was using spring water but when I read the fine print it turns out it was de-mineralized water. I checked the ph at the start but I used the test strips and though it looked on the high side it didn't seem dangerously so. Anyway, I looked around town for actual spring water and discovered the spring water from around here is like 7.85! Three days ago I watered with spring water from the drug store before learning this. I'm now using tap water (7.8) plus 1/2 tbsp. of vinegar per gallon. The test strip is redder now. Now the question: should I flip today or wait until I see how they take to the new water?
    4 X 5 gal fabric pots supplemented with; Growganica Incredible Bulk bloom booster, Compost tea, worm castings, Stepwell bloom top dress. Pure Crop 1 foliar spray, Vipar Spectra R900, Fusion Hut 3X4X6 Fusion Breath 4" fan/filter. Hawaii X Maui Waui feminized photoperiod.

Could be the water - get your pH proper for cannabis plants.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Crowdad
      Crowdad commented
      Editing a comment
      I should spring for a ph pen.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      It would be one of your best buys.

Like Canuck147 says, I would try and get the PH balanced out before flipping. No sense in trying to do everything at once. It's easier to pin down potential issues when you do one step at a time. Good looking plants.

Comment

• Crowdad
      Crowdad commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, how soon do you think they'll show improvement, (or not)?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      They'll slowly show improvement - but if you do something they dislike - then they'll show their displeasure in a matter of hours.

Your plants are 10" from the light?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Crowdad
      Crowdad commented
      Editing a comment
      No actually, they're 32" from the light and 10 inches tall. I should have said the top of the canopy is 10" above the soil. When I flip to flower the recommendation is 24" from the light.

What size pots are they in mate

Comment

• Crowdad
      Crowdad commented
      Editing a comment
      they're in 5 gallon fabric pots.

I would definitely wait. That’s the beauty of photoperiods, you can choose when they go to flower! But make sure they are healthy before because they go through a big change in short order after the flip so definitely make sure they are healthy.

Also, how tall is your grow space? If your plants are only 10” tall then you should probably let them grow some more. Assuming your plants will double once you switch to flower, you’re looking at plants that are less than 2’ tall. Could be hurting your yield. But that’s just my two cents.

Comment

• Crowdad
      Crowdad commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I can wait for a bit. I've heard it said weed needs at least 60 days in veg for full potency but it's refuted in a Nebula article when she cites the constant 12/12 technique. I've actually made another beginner mistake which was to choose a difficult strain for my first grow. I've read in the GWE website that if you're growing a sativa you should flip when the plants are 1/3 the final height. I hope that takes LST into account because they'd be 2 feet or more by now if they weren't bent over and tied down like they are. So my grow space is 72". The plants with pots are 19" high. I need to keep a space of 24" from the light. The light uses about 6" when maxed. That leaves 23" for them to grow before getting too close to the light. That's 2/3, (20 inches) with a three inch buffer. That's how I've worked it out. I can afford an inch or so. I'm still waiting for them to look better but at least they haven't gotten worse.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X