Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco/Peat proper pH

Hello all!

As a complete beginner, I have gone through and purchased a substrate named 'Ciemhus Grow' :

Now, my question is:

Given that the stated pH is 6.9 on the back label - should I aim to pH my water around that figure when it comes to feeding/watering?

The reason I am asking this (potential dumb) question is that I've read an article that stated that peat in general is quite acidic. Also, I have recently discovered that coco is regarded as a soil-less medium (with pH 5.5 - 6.5) - which only adds up to this dilemma that I'm facing

I would appreciate if I could get any assistance regarding this from you veteran growers.

Thank you for your time.

you might want to buffer it with cal mag and proper ph before adding pearl light.

Comment

• left4leaf
      left4leaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response.
      Since it already contains perlite, would you suggest adding in more?

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey left4leaf - I originally used coco purchased in a brick ( cheap, cheap) and followed the preparation and buffering process of one of Nebula's articles.. the next time I recycled the same coco and had all kind of issues ( lot of extra work / stress).

The following grow I opted to buy a better quality coco, which was pre buffered, however I still followed Nebula's preparation and buffering process ( that way I was sure). Have a look at her article and compare the pictures with the added pearl-lite to the mix you are either using or considering to use.

I used my 5 gallon bucket, which has marks on it for gallons to estimate the ratios. A scale would be more accurate.

• left4leaf
      left4leaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi again changeofpace2014 - Thanks again for your thorough response; sorry for the late reply!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X