What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

I've had these strange vein like markings appear on a few plants now. Only on a couple lower leaves. I have had problems with leaf hoppers that are only now being resolved and i think the two could be related, whether its just them sucking the sap from the veins or some disease they spread. The ladybugs are slaughtering the filthy wretches as i type this, but for my plants showing leaves like this is it something I need to worry about?
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

I see yellowing of the leaf and I also see residuals of the last time you sprayed or watered the plant. Left over nutrients or oils can burn the leaves. When the water evaporates, the salts remain and cause phytotoxicity. Oils can magnify light and burn the leaves as well as clog the stomata.

Not uncommon for the lower leaves to get issues first. Keep an eye and see if it spreads but other than washing the leaves, I can't think of another suggestion atm.

Comment

So then they turn yellow in lines like that sometimes? All but one other leaf ive had turn all faded together, why i was worried this might be a sign of something aside from lack of good light reaching so far down.
      stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
      ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
      bloom plus LED 300W
      Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Comment

Intervenal chlorosis is a sign of a few different deficiencies. Maybe look at a few of the examples online and see which best matches your plants. Hard to say without a more complete picture but nutrient deficiencies that show this symptom often start as an issue with the soil Ph. What do you Ph your water at when feeding?

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
          Matriumcauthon commented
          Editing a comment
          At about 6.5, I'm currently using the drops so I cant be more accurate. I'm using fox farms soil, happy frog with these since they ran out of oceans forest. And using the general hydro floranova grow with these just the reccomend amount on the bottle. When they show signs of nutrients burn i give them plain water for a couple watering but these seem to be thriving on nutes with every watering. All ph'd to 6.5ish with the drops.

I'll take a few overall photos of her tonight when I pull her out to check her over. Thanks!

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          Check the runoff after you water / feed. Fox farm for me has tended to be very acidic. I could put in 6.5Ph but get 5.2Ph out. This has caused me problems, problems that began as interveinal chlorosis. Overall, the 6.5 Ph is in a good zone for soil, I just wonder if your soil is over acidic.

• Matriumcauthon
          Matriumcauthon commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh really? I didn't know they tended twords the acidic ill check that tonight since they are due for some water after I finish lst and plucking them

is it phosphrous or potassium defience just throwing it out ther

Comment

I can't be 4sure but it kinda looks like the tobacco mosaic stuff. Phosphorus and potassium deficiencies normally have dark veins this is marbled like.
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Completely different plant but I just noticed the same issue only more widespread... as if thats not enough... er it looks like the inner foliage of this one the leaves have what look like the heads of trichromes? This is a photo period plant on 22 hours of light...
            ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
            bloom plus LED 300W

Comment

So i guess it was a ph issue. Tested the water coming out of the first three and all three were showing closer to 5 than 6 so I'll see to that and see if the issue goes away
              thanks everyone!
              ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
              bloom plus LED 300W

Comment

Originally posted by Matriumcauthon View Post
                So i guess it was a ph issue. Tested the water coming out of the first three and all three were showing closer to 5 than 6 so I'll see to that and see if the issue goes away
                thanks everyone!
                The next thing to do would be a slurry test with some of the soil in the pot. It's fairly simple process, but this will give you a better idea of the actual soil Ph.

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
                  Matriumcauthon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Alright ill split a sample in two and test one with the soil and another pulling the liquid with a pipette and compare them thanks easy!

• ChadWestport
                  ChadWestport commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You should be fine. The good zone of yellow to green will still shine through. Likely though, it will be red or orange, which should be easy to detect if it is that acidic. After you shake your sample, you can let it settle for 20 minutes or so and that will clear the water color a little.

• Matriumcauthon
                  Matriumcauthon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It looked to be in the 6.5 range. Lastnight after the runoff tested so low I put a gallon of unphd water through each pot lastnight, I figured it wouldn't be overkill for a 7 gallon fabric pot, guess I got lucky lol. I'll check the runoff tomorrow when they are due for another watering. Thanks for the help!

Matriumcauthon just curious if you looked at that tobacco mosaic there's an article on the main site on it. I only ask because when I 1st saw your pic I thought it could be it and I just went over to the article and I still think it looks like it. So I wanted to come back and mention it again just in case.

Tobacco mosaic virus causes strange mottling symptoms in the leaves, slow growth and reduced yields. Learn how to identify and treat TMV for good!
                TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                3 gallon pots all autos
                Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                👇my one n only journal👇
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• MeEasy
                  MeEasy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good 👍 deal I like it when it's not the bad thing lol

• ChadWestport
                  ChadWestport commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Man, I watched TMV spread through over 2,000 plants. I had to do a lot of research on that one. Sometimes when you see that discoloration, it can also simply be variegation. But yeah, you could literally see the stunting from the TMV spread from one corner and work its way across the room.

• Matriumcauthon
                  Matriumcauthon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow 0.0 i didnt realize it could be that big of a problem

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X