Grow Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Update

This should be the second to last update for this grow as we are getting close to harvest, though I’m sure I’ll have questions as we get closer! Our (hopefully) last light iteration was put up last week to finish out flower but I’m not sure the impact they will have for this grow but we’ve learned a lot. I’m starting to get prepared for the next grow so that we can put new seeds in the same night we chop these girls down.

Growing bag seed for the first grow so we don’t really know what strains are coming but they are really showing their own characteristics. Got 3 plants in the canopy picture. The one up front is named “Snow White” and showing a lot of purple and we think it might be a GDP (grand daddy purple) while we are thinking the back left (named “Goldilocks”) might be a Pineapple Kush. Really can’t figure out what the back right might be (named “Sleeping Beauty” because she was planted late and was always smaller) but she is frosty and really has turned out to be my favorite looking one. If y’all have any thoughts on what these look like I’d love to hear them.

As far as the lights go I’m running two quantum board lamps that I have dialed in to 110W each that run for the full 12 hours with a 5x COB lamp that draws 230W that only runs for 8 hours. I’m doing this for heat reasons and for my own theory on lighting from what I’ve learned by nerding out on some botany websites. Finally we have 2 far red pucks that come on during the first and last 3 hours plus 15 minutes after lights out (more nerding theory). Heat has kind of been an issue. Been topping out at around 86F when all three lights are on but not really seeing any signs of stress. Figured I could always increase the humidity if it becomes a problem (staying around 40% during end of flower).

Snow White is looking like she might be done before the others looking at her pistils but the trichomes are still mostly clear. 10/16 will be 60 days into flower so nute schedule is following that timeline (including flush). Ideally everyone is ready at the same time so we can do a 72 hour dark period before harvest. Not really sure what to expect as far as yield because so much has changed during this grow but I’m hoping I’ll have enough to last me till next harvest which will be autos.

Hope y’all enjoy the pictures. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of more questions as I enter the ever-critical harvest/dry/cure period but I’d like to thank everyone that has helped me along the way. This forum and its members have been critical to whatever success I may have with this hobby. I truly am standing on your shoulders.

Nice crop dalvis especially for Bag seeds. They kind of look like Girl Scout Cookies.

Comment

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks friend! It was fun to learn with but I’ll probably never do bag seed again! hahaha. Looking forward to knowing what I’m growing!

Originally posted by dalvis View Post
    This should be the second to last update for this grow as we are getting close to harvest, though I’m sure I’ll have questions as we get closer! Our (hopefully) last light iteration was put up last week to finish out flower but I’m not sure the impact they will have for this grow but we’ve learned a lot. I’m starting to get prepared for the next grow so that we can put new seeds in the same night we chop these girls down.

Growing bag seed for the first grow so we don’t really know what strains are coming but they are really showing their own characteristics. Got 3 plants in the canopy picture. The one up front is named “Snow White” and showing a lot of purple and we think it might be a GDP (grand daddy purple) while we are thinking the back left (named “Goldilocks”) might be a Pineapple Kush. Really can’t figure out what the back right might be (named “Sleeping Beauty” because she was planted late and was always smaller) but she is frosty and really has turned out to be my favorite looking one. If y’all have any thoughts on what these look like I’d love to hear them.

As far as the lights go I’m running two quantum board lamps that I have dialed in to 110W each that run for the full 12 hours with a 5x COB lamp that draws 230W that only runs for 8 hours. I’m doing this for heat reasons and for my own theory on lighting from what I’ve learned by nerding out on some botany websites. Finally we have 2 far red pucks that come on during the first and last 3 hours plus 15 minutes after lights out (more nerding theory). Heat has kind of been an issue. Been topping out at around 86F when all three lights are on but not really seeing any signs of stress. Figured I could always increase the humidity if it becomes a problem (staying around 40% during end of flower).

Snow White is looking like she might be done before the others looking at her pistils but the trichomes are still mostly clear. 10/16 will be 60 days into flower so nute schedule is following that timeline (including flush). Ideally everyone is ready at the same time so we can do a 72 hour dark period before harvest. Not really sure what to expect as far as yield because so much has changed during this grow but I’m hoping I’ll have enough to last me till next harvest which will be autos.

Hope y’all enjoy the pictures. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of more questions as I enter the ever-critical harvest/dry/cure period but I’d like to thank everyone that has helped me along the way. This forum and its members have been critical to whatever success I may have with this hobby. I truly am standing on your shoulders.
    them red lights u got mate small roud ones off amazon are they making a diffrence i was thinking about getting 4 how much heat do they produce mate

Comment

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve only recently started using them so I can’t really comment on how well they are working. My plants seem happy but I’ve changed a lot of things recently.

I plugged them in for about 30 minutes before I hung them up and they were warm to the touch but not shockingly hot. Also, I have them running for only 6 hours and 15 minutes because my COBs produce IR and I don’t want to overdo it with the red. They are pretty cheap compared to other red lights but seem to get the job done cause you don’t need a lot. They draw ~7.5W each. They say have 1 per 2x2 space.

Very pretty grow dalvis lots of light you got there so far so good. Be careful with the temps. 86f is a bit high. I sure don't know they look cookie-ish ? but they are healthy.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much! It’s my first grow so hoping the next one will be even better! As far as the heat I totally agree it’s something I’ve been watching closely. 86F has been the max that it’s hit while it’s seems to stay at around 80-84. This is with all the lights on so only for 8ish hours a day.

I’m really not sure what else I can do about it as I have a 2x4x5’ tent with a 4” 203 CFM exhaust (so replacing the air AT LEAST twice a minute assuming terrible efficiency) and 100 CFM booster inlet fan that pulls air from my kitchen which has a window unit blasting at 62F 24 hours a day. My “night” temp bottoms out at 68F and my quantum boards run at 78F so it’s the COB. Fans are on the QBs and the COB has internal fans but I do feel the heat off the chips. Ehh, any suggestions?

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I always have issues with Temp. Where I grow, makes it difficult to get rid of the hot air from the light. That is why I only grow in winter. I can't grow outside because the Wildlife would have a field day with my crop. I can't secure it enough.

• dalvis
      dalvis commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah I’m thinking I might do as many autos as I can while the weather is cooler and do photos during the hotter months. Sounds like a nice change of pace anyways!

Were did u get yours mate were they 50 pound from amazon

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X