Grow 2.0 kicks off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow 2.0 kicks off!

Hey all! Hope you are all doing well. I am starting my second grow. This is an auto grow.

Doing three plants this time. All in 5 Gallon air pot.

Two are Cream Cookies from FastBuds. One is strawberry cheesecake from Seedsman.

Let's see how it goes.
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

Excellent, have fun with this, those are some tasty strains.

One suggestion would be to put the clear cups in a darkened cup while you start things off. Roots don't like light and can even begin to grow algae if exposed to it. Many people do the clear cups to check on root progress, but they slide it into another, darker solo cup.

Comment

• herbgrower
      herbgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for pointing that out. I have had algae in my previous grow cup. I'll make it dark.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on! I do like using that method though, getting to pull the clear cup up and seeing the roots grow is awesome. Where was this task in science class?

• herbgrower
      herbgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah man! It's like veins but only white!

Have fun and best of grow luck 👍

Comment

I am very fond now of the strawberry cheesecake
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• herbgrower
        herbgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to see you!

good luck mate

Comment

• herbgrower
        herbgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man.

Good luck.
      just started my first coco-perlite grow with GH trio and I’m a complete noob so keep the updates coming please 😁

Comment

• growell
        growell commented
        Editing a comment
        if u using a ppm meter u will get sky high results with gh trio dont worry as long as ph is good u alright i stopped useing my ppm meter and i use full nutes every feed just a heads up mate

• Venkman
        Venkman commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice one, appreciate the advice 👍

A quick update fellas, my pH pen is out of calibration and I am out of buffer powder. I have ordered one but it might take some time. Any suggestions for a makeshift pH balanced solution or substance? Any of you attended Walter White's chemistry class?
      2.5 x 2.5 tent
      Viparspectra PAR600
      4" Fan & Filter
      Coco-Perlite
      GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
      1x Cream Cookies
      1x Pineapple Express
      1x Northern Lights
      1x White Widow

Comment

Citric acid to bring down mate

Comment

• herbgrower
          herbgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the pH up and down solution but I dont have the solution which can calibrate my ph pen. As a result i dont know the true ph of the water.

Were are u what country if i test something with my ph pen u can buy same product test it see how far u out mate

Comment

• herbgrower
          herbgrower commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds interesting but I just got a ph paper to settle things for now. My local store should have the solution by tomorrow. Let's see.

Ok mate no worries

Comment

Day 10

Strawberry seems to be on a good pace. Both cream cookies appear to be slow. They are not in ideal conditions atmosphere wise. I don't even want to reveal temps and rh. They are that bad, yet the seedlings look ok. Do you see any signs of stress? Is this going towards stunting? This is my first time auto. I have known photos to be forgiving. Thoughts?
          2.5 x 2.5 tent
          Viparspectra PAR600
          4" Fan & Filter
          Coco-Perlite
          GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
          1x Cream Cookies
          1x Pineapple Express
          1x Northern Lights
          1x White Widow

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they look good. In my experience, Strawberry Cheesecake is always vigorous.

• herbgrower
            herbgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man!

Day 17

All three are transplanted to their final pot. I didn't have smaller pot. I dug a circle around it and will be watering slowly. All seems ok!
          2.5 x 2.5 tent
          Viparspectra PAR600
          4" Fan & Filter
          Coco-Perlite
          GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
          1x Cream Cookies
          1x Pineapple Express
          1x Northern Lights
          1x White Widow

Comment

Day 30.

One of the Cream Cookies appears to have mutilated. It isnt growing leaves on the one side. May be they are stressed! I made one calculation wrong. I should have grown 6 plants in 3 Gal or 1 Gal for that matter instead of 3 in 5 Gal. I thought they'd be bushy like the previous photoperiod.

What would you suggest? Transplanting them into smaller pot and add more plants or let this one just be? Mind you I only get one season to grow in my climate. Ideas?
            2.5 x 2.5 tent
            Viparspectra PAR600
            4" Fan & Filter
            Coco-Perlite
            GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
            1x Cream Cookies
            1x Pineapple Express
            1x Northern Lights
            1x White Widow

Comment

I would let it be. Once there is an established root system, it would be detrimental to down size the pot, IMO. You can take advantage of the larger pots by doing a longer veg time or some creative training by tying the branches down to the sides of the buckets. You will be able to create a fuller canopy, something that would be equal to as if you let 6 plants naturally form in your tent. You have time and things are looking good, options are there

Comment

Hey all! Hope you are all doing well. I have been shitload busy with things. This COVID has hit so many sectors.

I have some bad news on my plants. The two Cream Cookies have appeared to be stressed. They have been in good temps. I had double and triple checked the pH and pH pen. At first I thought this was nutrient burn. I lay off the feeding and flushed it with clean water twice but the issue persisted. I also gave less nutrients for the next feedings than I used to. I generally follow Nebula's schedule for coco. Now I am totally out of clue as to why this is happening. My previous grow was in more challenging atmo than this one but it never showed this problem. Any ideas? I am so disappointed. The strawberry cheesecake is on stride and growing great but all are losing leaves. And all have this yellowing and burn and I don't know what to make of it.!!!
                2.5 x 2.5 tent
                Viparspectra PAR600
                4" Fan & Filter
                Coco-Perlite
                GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
                1x Cream Cookies
                1x Pineapple Express
                1x Northern Lights
                1x White Widow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X