Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed please..looks like a yellow banana.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pyrethirine is good all natural made from flowers mate

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
      newbutoldgrower75 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have used Pyrethrum on my outdoor plants, but never during flowering. Will it affect my buds so Close to harvest time? Thanks growell
      Last edited by newbutoldgrower75; 10-02-2020, 04:21 AM.

Thanks guys and girls for all the advice and help. Im going to pull the girls out of the room shortly and give them a thorough inspection, Im still not 100% sure its thrip at the moment after doing more research. I cant seem to be able to upoad the video, even after changing formats and compressing files. Not even sure if you are able to do it on the Forum? So will try and get pics when the girls are out of the room. So will get back to you all soon with more details.

Thanks again for everyones help, appreciate it.
    3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
    2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
    6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
    4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
    Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
    3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
    Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
    ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

Just a quick update. Just went into the growtent and noticed a little black bug/insect sort of jumping/hoping along the floor. I only saw one, and not sure if that is what Im mistaking for thrip in the medium. I saw more of the little white wormy things going through the medium when I watered this morning again. And Im not sure if I should risk moving the plants, the buds have filled out quite well and are quite heavy, might end up breaking branches if I move them. Is it worth giving the coco a wash/soak with something that has been mentioned? I have been reading that a neem oil based soil wash or peroxide at around 4 to 1 ratio.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        If it's gnat (which have larvae) 4 to 1 is correct and peroxide can help. Just make sure you don't overwater trying to kill the bugs, wait till the next water cycle.

• newbutoldgrower75
        Editing a comment
        I'm leaning more towards gnats Mr.furley. My experience with their outside is that you should be able to see some sort of movement with them on the branches, especially when given I slight shake. I don't get any movement and on close inspection of the buds and leaves, I can't see any signs of any bugs/insects. The only signs I have had is in the Coco itself when I water, and the bug/insect I saw earlier. It was black, and was definitely hoping/jumping rather than flying.
        I'm guessing a soil/Coco wash with peroxide would be a good start?

Without a good picture it's hard for us to be curtain of the best help so many kind of bugs you'll be the best judge. I'm sure you've peek at the bug page?
      This easy picture guide will help you quickly diagnose your sick plants. Learn how to get rid of the most common marijuana pests!

you can have thrips for a while and never see them, only after leaf damage did I find them crawling around my pruning tray.

Something Iv learned to do is put a piece of paper or cardboard cut to fit under plants when I de-leaf or to shake looking for bugs, if they are on the plant I see them hit the paper and spray them plus it keeps stuff out the pot and medium, Just so happens I snapped a picture the other day when cutting back a mom.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200924_120454.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	455332
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
        Editing a comment
        Im working on getting a pic now, just waiting on the mircoscope to charge up. I think I have caught a couple, just need the microscope to have a good look and try and get a pic. From my onspection of the leaves the last two days I havent found any damage to leaves other than the phosphorus problem I had.

Thanks for another great idea as well Mr.furley, never even crossed my mind to use a piece of paper or something when Im trimming a few leaves and giving them a bit of a shake. Will give it a tr shortly. And damn, look at the thickness on that trunk and stems. More like tree than a plant hahah. Very nice.

Hey guys and girls. Was able to find some dead, well they look dead, near my passive intake. I have taken pics of both the ones near my intake and the ones in the Coco with my WiFi microscope, best I could do sorry. Got some great video of the Coco with the microscope, but still can't seem to upload. Sorry about all the pics, was excited sort of to finally get some haha.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still not 100% sure from the pics but it does look like it could be thrips especially since you said they're hopping and jumping. Focus on getting to harvest then you can hit it hard but for now Spray the top of the soil with either neem or the iso/water mix mentioned above.

• newbutoldgrower75
        Editing a comment
        I know the pics are still average sorry, the little buggers are quite quick when they are in the coco. Even with the video its hard to pick exactly what it is, but does look more like thrip than any other pic that I have see in the last coule of days. With a soil/coco wash with peroxide and then neem oil the next day, would that be good place to start. Thanks Mr.furley.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        The peroxide isn't going to hurt your plants or the root to use. If neem is what you got I'd hit the top of the soil every 2 days, it will kill gnats too. Just try and keep it off your flower.

I’ve had some kind of bug infestation too. I noticed them a few weeks ago. They only live in my coco and are only visible when I water as they rise to the surface. I tried something called ‘soil attack’ (UK) but it didn’t seem to do anything. I can’t see anything on the leaves or buds and my plants are still looking good. I’m going to try that paper idea too thanks

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
        Editing a comment
        MagicMike66 that exactly sounds like what I am dealing with, didnt notice anything until a couple of days ago when I watered the girls. I also cant see anything on the plant itself, and nothing dropping off into the paper bug wise. Im going to try a soil wash and neem oil over the next couple of days, will let you know. Cheers

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like possible root aphids or it could be a harmless springtail. But infestation either way isn't the best thing to see.

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        But be careful with that neem oil, I’ve heard some horror stories about it destroying plants

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X