1000w veg and bloom light question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000w veg and bloom light question

Hello all, I have a viparspectra 1000w dimmable veg and bloom light in a 3x3 and four 3gallon plants. I have read around and it seems there are different opinions about having both veg and bloom switches on full strength during veg cycle and then dimming the veg switch to 75% during flowering. The other opinion is turning each switch on according to the stage. I have been running both with no issues, it’s my first grow should I turn the bloom light off without issues?
    Last edited by Edwashere420; 10-03-2020, 03:27 PM.

Is that a 1000w Vipar ??
    I have one Vipar called R900 and it’s twice as big as yours ??

Nevertheless , I started out with both on. Then the next grow I only used veg light for the veg period. Same growth speed. So I spared the bloom light and on the power bill to be honest.
    But in bloom I have both switches on
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Xena
      Xena commented
      Editing a comment
      If it’s a VA1000 then it’s actually 230w Capt.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I thought so. Mine is way bigger

• Edwashere420
      Edwashere420 commented
      Editing a comment
      VIPARSPECTRA Newest Dimmable 1000W LED Grow Light, with Bloom and Veg Dimmer, with Daisy Chain, Dual Chips Full Spectrum LED Grow Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower(10W LEDs 100Pcs)  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YWZF5ZP..._9EpDFb68BX56K

This is the one I have

I have the same experience as the Captain using the V450. You’re just wasting electricity during veg using both

Comment

Do you see a dramatic difference in the color spectrum when you flip the light from veg only to bloom only?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Veg bottom clearly the blu spectrum.
        Only flower bottom - clearly the red spectrum

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting, the 300 I have is a combo of the two spectrums but I see how they could easily turn some off and others on in that configuration.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I use both on in the bloom, but I save the bloom bottom in the veg period.
        But I also have the big one, maybe this is why I can do it with slowing my veg grow, don’t know

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X