Harvest time for 1st time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest time for 1st time grower

I have a quandary. Looking at my plant with a loupe, the trichomes are starting to turn light amber, but the pistils aren't really curled up. I've been back and forth on the how to harvest page and can't decide. Is this plant ready? All 3 of my plants are in this same condition. Please excuse my noobiness.

Alright, not to worry BR2K is here to save the day!! First, we'll quick dry a bud in my solar oven. Then I will sample, said bud. If it passes muster, your plant is ready. I just need your name, address and phone number (in case I get lost)...

I actually have my Alaskan Purple hung up (and some larf buds in the solar oven). I had the opposite situation - I have not very many amber trichomes but the pistals have pretty much given up the ghost and curled in. I have been using the "Underbud Sampling" technique. Once my brain was sufficiently melted away from a vape session, I figured it was time to harvest. YMMV - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST HARVEST!!!!!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Not to worry about the pistils - the trichomes is where the THC CBD and all the others are produced. Go by the trichomes.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Depends what kind of high you’re after. If it’s couch lock, wait till you think they’re ready then leave it a week or so.

Comment

Definitely in the harvest window.
          Some strains will curl in the hairs in matter of no time. And others taking their time to do it.
          as Canuck is saying- look at the trichomes.
          beautiful bud for a 1st time grower. Bom trabalho 👍🏻
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Looks really good. I'd probably give it another week but that's just me. Just make sure to look at the buds, not the leaves. I've made that mistake before, I think most of us have.

Comment

BR2K Since we're on the subject... You use yours for the bud and I use this one for the munchies.
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• BR2K
                BR2K commented
                Editing a comment
                I cooked a baked potato and an ear of corn on the cob (in the husk) today. They were AWESOME!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X