Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pruning Nutrient Deficiency Effected Leaves in The Last Half of the Flowering Stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pruning Nutrient Deficiency Effected Leaves in The Last Half of the Flowering Stage

I've read you shouldn't prune a cannabis plant too late into flowering for risk of stunting the plant. Is it advised to prune off leaves discolored by nutrient deficiency in the last half of the flowering stage?

Hi Basic, you can't stunt a plant late in flower: all the growth is almost done. I regularly prune leaves with stems during flowering to make the trimming a lot easier and to expose the buds as much as possible in the final weeks.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Basic
      Basic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks alltatup. So it won't stunt bud development?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Basic Late in flower? Absolutely not, at least in my experience: I have done major defol during flower (most after 21 day stretch) to expose all the budsites to the light, and I have always gotten good results.

Hi Basic. This is from the GWE website https://www.growweedeasy.com/nebulas...ation-tutorial
    This is my first time growing indoors for 15 years, and have never ever defoliated a plant before. After some research on the site and some encouragement from people on here, I have been doing defoliation up until 2 to 3 days ago. Each time I exfoliated, even just a couple here and there, the buds seemed to fill out more. Im not experienced enough to say yes do it or not to do it, but I can tell you my experience with it. Good luck with the rest of your grow.
    Last edited by newbutoldgrower75; 10-01-2020, 03:28 AM.
    3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
    2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
    6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
    4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
    Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
    3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
    Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
    ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Exfoliation is for skin; defoliation is for leaves!! ;-}

• newbutoldgrower75
      newbutoldgrower75 commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup hahaha. Thank you for picking that up..I will change it..

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      newbutoldgrower75 All I can say is, you DO have beautiful skin!! ;-}

Honestly i would just leave it unless they are blocking light to budsites. If you were like 2 weeks from harvest i would say its ok but the plants use the leaves to photosynthesize which creates bud development. I find my plants tend to bulk up in the last few weeks so limiting how much food (light is food) they get can stunt bud development. If the leaves are already dead or almost dead however it wont affect bud production to remove those. My test is if i pull on them and the come off easy then they were ready to come off anyways. It also depends on how many fan leaves you have. If you have an excess then it shouldnt hurt but if you defoliate regularly and only have a small amount then i would just leave them.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed 💯 here

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree. When they come off easy go ahead. Remove dead ones too

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X