Are you an aficionado of cannabis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you an aficionado of cannabis ?

Well I believe I am and you ? Wonder why I have this crazy thing about growing some Asian beans from where you know where I'm going with this hey ? Anyways this only a few seconds in my two hours story lolll So tell us in a sentence or more what motivate you to grow on and on and.... ? Is it now the challenge or......?

Have a great weekend and stay safe,

FarmBuck
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 09-25-2020, 08:53 PM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

I ditto whatever everybody else says. All of the above, as it were.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

It will never be completely mastered.

Comment

This is why it's called, 'experimenting' with drugs ChadWestport . Took Edison a thousand tries at the light bulb before he got one right, then stopped. Figured, 'Eh. Someone else can figure out neon.' Had someone not figured out neon, then fluorescent, and so on, we'd be trying to grow by red-hot carbon filaments.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

I'll talk about differences between flower v extracts. All sorts of extracts. I dab live resin products. In moderation, of course.

Flower hits me in the shoulders, top of head, face, and eyes. How I do love the puffy eyes. Live resin doesn't do that. It's much less in the head and more in the body. In the middle, I have cured green hash. It fits in some of the head flower does and is more intense than flower but not as much as live resin. Edibles get me all over. Never had a tincture do anything.

Lemon Lime flower can taste great and smell great, until it burns. Lemon Lime live resin smells and tastes like lemon lime because almost nothing gets burned and it's lousy with terpenes. Hash is a happy middle ground. When I use the ways I use, I can always pull back from the high in case I have to take care of something. When I use edibles, I can't get out of it until it's over.

That's a cool thing about weed over booze. You can mix weed and it's happy, happy, fun time. Gourmet pairings. Mixing boozes is not as fun but much more pukey, pukey.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

I'm absolutely an aficionado of cannabis - it seems we're both in the right place!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Been in the right place since five minutes after the deliveryman left. Can I get a Kool-Ade Man 'Oh-yeah!'? Testify!

• kayakiit
              kayakiit commented
              Editing a comment
              Lmao, I'll be busting through your wall with the "ohh yeahh!" shortly

Definitely not an aficionado yet but I've been called a connesure.

Me- I didn't wanna grow. I knew you can't drop a few beans & water when they need it. Sure nuff when medical passed up here the streets were flooded with lousy buds.

7-8yrs later I inherit 4 plants I didn't want but did my best on a zero budget. The nxt yr I'm at a new dispensary & they have a few leftover clones- scraggly stretchy grown past the lights half priced clones. Yup. I took 3 home. Grew em under the same LED shoplight that wouldn't finish last yrs plants & bought another shoplight.

5-6mos later I find GWE & get some T5s & tents & now I'm down the rabbit hole. Not only do I get better buzz than I can buy...... I gotta justify $800 worth of new lights!!!!!
            Last edited by JDU; 09-26-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

My goal in 1980 was to learn to grow so I would never again have to buy shitty weed from shitty people, or good weed from shitty people! Mission accomplished from my first grow till now. From day one it has been a passion and a calling. But most of all, it was never about profit. Such a beautiful plant.
              Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• Driller
                Driller commented
                Editing a comment
                My goal in 1980 was to learn how to walk

Not an aficionado but I am an addict to growing. There's something so much more satisfying about growing fat nuggets than fat tomatoes or zucchini.

Comment

• Mazzariman
                Mazzariman commented
                Editing a comment
                Being self sufficient in as many areas as possible is always a good thing. I try and give all my different garden plants the same love, but I confess, the gals do get most of my affection during the growing season. Yeah, I'm a sucker for a beautiful lady!

• BR2K
                BR2K commented
                Editing a comment
                JDU That is fantastic. I wish I liked veggies more, I might grow my own.

So, Where'd ya get the ribeye seeds?

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha BR2K I wish it were that easy. We would get day old bull calves from a dairy & bottle feed em. Not the best beef but better'n what they sell in the store! Takes 2yrs though. We would cook the heart in a roasting pan with an onion, carrots & potatoes the day we shot one & omg!!!!!! Even a prime rib roast paled in comparison!!!!
                Last edited by JDU; 09-26-2020, 04:23 PM.

I wouldn't call myself an aficionado just yet but I'm planning on becoming one ASAP 😁
              My motivation for growing is varied but one of the main reasons is that it is illegal where I live and the market is dominated by hardcore criminals that I prefer not to support and also price and quality is a joke.
              I think with a little effort I can do a lot better myself.
              It will also be a good fun Corona hobby from now on as it looks like we could be heading for another strict lockdown here.

Comment

I aspire to be an "Aficianado". At this moment, I'm a harried fat old man trying to keep two crops alive. My second attempt at a boutique strain is challenging my LST creativity. So, no I am not (yet!)
                Last edited by BR2K; 09-26-2020, 11:21 AM.
                A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I love growing outdoors and indoors. We just grow for saving money and it's legal for us to do so. Our weed we grow today is by far much better than what i was use to harvesting many years back. Because of this site and learning from indoor growers i'm tickled with the weed in our house. I got some real good seeds genetic wise now it's growing them healthy and full to harvest. 70% milky 30% amber or there abouts works for us. That's it
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• BR2K
                    BR2K commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah but how do you WAIT patiently for the amber?! I've been looming over my Alaskan Purple and the amber is few and far between...98 days old, 65 in flower. Anticipation, it's making me wait. (set to the tune of the old ketchup commercial).

• kingfish
                    kingfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BR2K, I'm not a fan of a couchlock stone. I usually wack my plant as soon as I see amber. I want some amber, but not much.

Expert, aficionado.... hardly!
                  I can always remember us having a garden both for food and flowers. Growing my own legal weed just seemed like the perfect thing to add. Spending my time being self sufficient and learning to grow higher quality food, smoke etc just makes sense to me. i can't think of many more satisfying things to do.

Comment

The more I grow the more I learn from you and from some serious reading. I grow for the quality and not for the quantity. Wife is very organic so I need to grow as much as organic as possible and yes here also it's legal. For me it's like growing my own vineyard with the best grapes possible. We control the trichomes so yes our preference is 30% amber and 60% cloudy.

Wife trust the type I grow and beside we don't like most of the strains in the dispensaries.
                    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                    Full auto grow
                    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• JDU
                      JDU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Amigo your grows & the pics of them inspire a lot of us to do better. I have a couple sativas in flower now & and this Spring I'm goin head strong into some ChocThai breeding. I screenshot most of your posts that reveal the way you grow. I wish we were close enough that we could share a jug & a campfire while I pick yer brain lol. I love that you don't feel like an expert because the minute you do you stop learning.

I too am a connoisseur rather than an aficionado although the difference is questionable. While I love the end product and get to avoid the downfalls (dealers) growing in itself has become a thing for me. Sort of like growing a 1000 lb. pumpkin. I can't wait for the county fair to have bud judging competitions (biggest buds, most potency, aesthetics). I cannot stand snobs of any stripe but I really do prefer organic. hand raised artisanal bud to street or store bought.
                    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                    5 gallon cloth pots
                    30"x30"x60" tent
                    Spider Farmer SE3000
                    Coco Pearlite mix
                    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X