Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob here, saying hi & sharing a few pics

Hi all, New member to the forum here
    I guess I'm a covid gardener. After being sent to work from home in March, I needed something to do with the extra time normally spent commuting so I start flowers, then veggies and got a wild hair and decided to grow my hubby some weed (none for me, I'm allergic) around May.

I think I got lucky that they all didn't die. I did little to no research, used both some random seeds hubby kept for years (he always meant to, but never started a grow) and ordered more random seeds online. I got basic advice about feeding from a friend who did some growing years ago because I figured "plants is plants". I didn't do any serious googling/research until late July and was horrified at my lack of knowledge. I found this site about a month and a half ago and compared to all the sites I was looking at before, I feel like I've found a prince after going thru a lot of frogs.

I have so many regrets. I didn't keep track of dates, which plants were which, when they flowered, nothing. I am enjoying myself though and plan on being a bit (a lot) more careful next year. Here are some of my garden babies--the bell peppers or jalapenos don't rate on this site--but I have no idea which is what. I hope things go well for me next year--this is just as satisfying as growing food. I plan on using this site and forum quite a bit.

Happy to be here and hope to pick up lots of advice with a minimum of stupid questions

Welcome! The buds look fine. I think they are Mexican sativa, but it's tough to tell with just a picture.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

You don't require any advice from people on this forum. Outstanding job.

Comment

• jesslynh
        jesslynh commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL. Thanks. I still think it was beginners luck.

Welcome. Some nice looking buds you have there.
      3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
      Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
      Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
      Couple of fans for airflow
      First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
      Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
      Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

Beautiful! Are you growing indoors or outdoors? No bug damage or deficiencies that I can see. A full pic of plant(s) would be nice to see. Kudos! You be on the right track. I wouldn't try and guess your strain, but I'd smoke it!
        Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

Welcome and nice grow!

Comment

Here are the 3 shown in previous pics. They are outside in sunny S Cali.

Comment

• Mazzariman
              Mazzariman commented
              Editing a comment
              You're flat out kicking it. You graduated from Noob to seasoned pro. Please tell me you get a good deal of full sun!

Send me the biggest bud on that plant so I can test it for a safe Grow..
            420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
            Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
            2 Lemon Skunk Plants
            (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
            CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

You guys are both cracking me up and making me feel super welcome! Thank you

My plants get sun from shortly after sunrise to sundown because of the placement of my house.
              Thanks for the comment on my plants, I thought they were supposed to have more branches but I guess they are okay. We have plenty of crickets, stiff breezes and I think all the peppers and flowers have kept the pests away. I usually have marigolds in my garden (in the bed behind the plants--pulled them out last week) and found out later that they deter spider mites plus I grew some basil as well. The basil was usually in front of the plants and they keep moths away.

I think they are almost ready to harvest, I got one of those microscope things tonight so I'll take a closer look in the morning and start monitoring. ANY commentary on that is appreciated.

Comment

• Mazzariman
                Mazzariman commented
                Editing a comment
                Sun all day long!! Dang, I freaking chase the sun, moving my plants around all day, just to get a measly 4 hours! Like they say, location, location, location. In my next life, I want a place with a large flat lot, not a place on the north side of a mountain with a nice oak canopy! Keep up the good work, you'll really bust em out in year two! Sounds like you're doing fine with the veggies and other plants as well. I'm now in so. cal too. That recent heat wave was brutal. Even without the full sun, I was watering 3 times a day. Happy harvest to you!

Mazzariman I switched to watering every morning during that heat wave. All my plants, not just my ladies, did much better. Since I'm in the S. Bay, we usually have a consistent 5 mi/hr breeze so I'm sure that helped. Other than a couple of weirdly shaped jalapenos, I was okay. And I can't wait to do it again next year. I've got this site and a bunch of notes just waiting.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to the forum jesslynh great having a green thumb in here twas a warm one in Aug. that's for sure. I'm in So. Oregon, alls good up here things getting much better.

I'm up in the hills near La Canada. It was blazing hot with no breeze for weeks! All my veggies are in containers as well as the gals so it was all I could do to keep all alive. Lucky I am working from home or all would've wilted big time or just fried. Ironically, the only plant I lost was my Ghost pepper plant. It couldn't take the HEAT! I'm sure you'll kill it again next year. Armed with new knowledge and your proven skills, I'm sure the hubby will be set for years to come. Have fun and enjoy the whole process. Check out the post "Anyone for growing trees? Summer grow 2020". There are tons of great pics of folk's stuff as well as great info. Your gals will fit right in there! Guaranteed.
              Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X