Effing spider mites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effing spider mites

So, it has happened. My plants have spider mites, it's two mothers and a 3rd plant in veg that I was going to clone before flower. I'm going to throw the mothers away, along with all my wife's houseplants(that's where the mites came from...fin home depot) but the last plant is special and I need to keep it, I have ordered azamax but it's not here yet, and I got some neem oil today, I'm planning on taking the keeper plant outside and blowing as many as I can off with compressed air and then spraying with a neem oil dish soap cocktail. When the azamax gets here I will treat all the grow areas and the plant again. I have never had mites before so I am just going on what I have read. If I am doing something wrong a heads up would be appreciated. Or if you do it differently or I am missing something, any input is welcome. Thanks.

I'd suggest to try predatory mites; but just be aware that any other control methods will kill them too.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

ISO 50/50 with water is as effective as the other sprays for spidermites, of course outside ladybugs are the best.

Comment

Learn their reproductive cycle and understand that you will need to treat the interior of the grow room for at least a few weeks. Todays application kills the adults, next weeks application kill the eggs after hatching, the eggs that are probably still there. Get rid of all your soil, clean your tools with bleach water, get that room spotless, and then wait for a bit. You don't want to kill all the adults and forget about the eggs.

Comment

If you have a safe place to use one those No Pest strips will do the trick. Like ChadWestport said eggs will hatch after you kill the adults so leave her in with the strip for at least 2wks. (I'm paranoid so I'd do 3) Or if you go with a spray be sure to repeat every 2wks (I'm paranoid so I'd do wk n 1/2 lol) & like Rwise said- ISO is very effective if you can find it & less than a 1/10 the price.

Comment

Dont wait more than 3 days to respray or you have new eggs to hatch.

Comment

What do these things look like? how do u spot them or whats the signs of them??

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_mite deepfreez8 look here.

Comment

cheers for the link,Rwise they look horrible im goin to check my plants now... :S

Comment

They are horrible. and hard to get rid of, they are called the borg.

Comment

I have an o3 generator, if I sealed that up in my grow space do you think it would kill them? Just an idea. If anyone knows one way or the other.

Comment

Just found this. Interested for sure. https://academic.oup.com/ee/article-...dFrom=fulltext

Comment

If I read that correct, the answer would no, it helps them breed faster.

Comment

I would suggest not to remove your plants from the grow area, taking them outside could infest your property and cause you the same problem down the road, keep them contained and kill them. Cut your plant back a good deal, seal up what you remove and get it the hell out of there, less area for them to hide is less area to treat. The other comments mentioned above are spot on, be diligent and aggressive.

azamax was the goto treatment in the states before it got ban but just for caution rotate different treatment methods as spidermites can become immune quickly. Hit them with neem a couple times them hit them Azamax the rest.
                            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• StillHigh1982
                              StillHigh1982 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks man. I got a spray for the yard too, when the rain lets up I'm poisoning my entire yard. I threw away my two oldest mothers after taking a few clippings. Sprayed the clips with neem, hopefully a few take. As for my sour d I have hit it with neem and will hit em again today. I got glue traps too, full frontal assault. Little bastards. Luckily they arent the spotted ones.

To kill "The Borg", I alternate between these two. You have to get aggressive or "Resistance will be futile. You will be assimilated".

Comment

• Mr.furley
                              Mr.furley commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The Cockroach of the Cannabis community.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X