Final Flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Flush

Ok...I can be one of the most impatient people on the planet but I need to ask this questiion.... I just gave my plant its final flush this past Saturday. Do I need to wait for it to be totally dry for the chop?
    Thanks

You will want to chop it when the trichomes on the buds (not sugar leaves) have reached the desired color ratio. General guideline is 10% amber, 80% cloudy, 10% clear but it will vary with personal preference. There is info on the different stages / colors of trichomes out there.

To answer the question, wet soil or dry soil, you can chop whenever. I personally like to have it a bit dry.

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      I've noticed a number of people here mention to not look at trichomes on sugar leaves, How come? Until I got on this forum I had never heard of that.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      The trichomes on the sugar leaves will mature faster than the trichomes on the buds will. So they kind of trick you into harvesting before full cannabinoid potential. But if a person has done it a certain way for years and they like the high, even though technically incorrect they know when their plants are telling them when to harvest.

demcc3 To answer your question.........no you do not have to wait for soil to dry
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm a new grower but my philosophy is that if I listen to the plants they will tell me everything I need to know. Including when to harvest. So I couldn't predict exactly when my last flush was. What if the plants weren't ready for another week? Then of course I'd flush once more in that week at least. I try to remain fluid on defining those sorts of variables, if that makes sense. Just a philosophical take on your post I suppose, for what it's worth.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X