Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPM is here

Good morning fellow plant enthusiasts 😁

I’ve been anxiously reading about everyone’s struggles this year with the powdery. Looking at my girls from every angle, waiting for it to happen to me.
    I put a fan in the greenhouse, and have thrown around the idea of adding a heater as well to diminish the condensation ( not sure if this would actually make it worse, but I’m going to test it out tonight when the temperature is set to plummet to 3 degrees.
    Found this yesterday.....
    thought it might be caused by a careless cigarette ash, so wiped it off with an alcohol wipe, and this morning I have a couple of single spore circles on nearby lower branches that definitely weren’t there yesterday.

I appreciate all of the dialogue that’s occurred on previous posts, as it’s given me lots of good ideas on how to start treating it.
    I’ll keep my fingers crossed for all of you whose girls are still healthy
    🤞🤞🤞
    Attached Files

Good luck lalaland
    Apple cider vinegar has been the only thing that's worked for me.

Comment

• lalaland
      lalaland commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JDU!

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome. I got the info from Gingerbeard's WPM success thread.

Yes i'm seeing more of it on leaf now. I've only put 2 in the green house i thought i'd have more room in there but i don't do to shelves but i'm not taking them out to " cram" lots of plants to closely. Better in my case to set up canopy 10x10x10 foot center. I have 8 to fit under there. This is the last year for large pots or heavy pots for me or us. Everything last 2 summers to unknown for outdoors, i've got 10gal pots doing just fine keeping smaller photos and more of them. I'm nearly sick with outdoor this year. I hope the only good thing with the fucking smoke thick as swamp beast fog is that it's also chokings the bud worms out . WPM on my leaf not to bad so far.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• lalaland
      lalaland commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that Budgal. This summer really has been shit.
      At least we have better control over our indoor Crops.
      I have a bunch of family and friends in Vancouver who can’t see the other side of their street because the smoke is so bad coming from the south. Hope you keep safe and healthy

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Budgal. Same here. Not a pleasant end to the season. Only my third outdoor grow but this year stressed the shit out of me. Bud rot ,bud worms, and WPM. Still need a few weeks to finish. No rain for the next 11 days but I've used my easy up to keep the rain off. Just can't wait to finish. Glad to hear about the rain. Great news!

Lost Coast Plant Therapy concentrate worked for me.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I had good results with Lost Coast initially too but it kept coming back with a vengeance.

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my first experience with it and with the Lost Coast. At the cost of the Lost Coast I hope I never see WPM again but we both know I will. I like your apple cider vinegar suggestion.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Gingerbeard brought it up he gets the credit 😎 I offer a testimonial haha. I did 2 treatments almost a wk ago & ain't seen any more yet.... Bonus plus is you can use it on clones! Lost Coast smothers n seals & says on the label not for use on clones.

Thanks for the cred, JDU . The only thing I haven't tried it on is flower. I don't know what kind of residue it would leave, even at that diluted a solution. I'd hate to have pickle tasting wax. Or would I?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Eww idk..... 😝

What a shitty club to join. You should really do some soul searching next time and find a better club. With that being said..... I'm a card carrying member myself. I've been using Trifecta Crop Control with decent results. It hasn't gone away completely but it making one hell of a dent. Thank you Rwise for the suggestion.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Its costly, but it did work for me, but again, air flow is the key!

Last year WPM and bud rot were killing me, I used the cost;y Trifecta and fans to save my crop. This year my plants are 6 feet center to center from each other, I may go to 8 or even 10 feet next year, but this gave air flow through the crop, and some training space. I am seeing light outbreaks, nothing major yet.

Comment

I just found some on tiny suger leaf doing a trimming and hanging on my Black Domina indoor grow. It's the season for sure, we got some decent rain last night yeahhhhh. Now my outdoor has a little WPM to be expected now with humidity rising. Also make sure ya'll check deep inside those colas bud worms, gray mold keep up the care of the plants it's nearly harvest for some folks.

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

On an unrelated yet related note...I just did my morning check on the tent...it is first after a scrub and fresh clothes every morning...and checked my "real garden". We have frost the next three days and I was checking for more zukes. The WPM on zucchini leaves is insane. It needed a drink so I also sprayed the leaves and my oh my the runoff looked like skim milk! The leaves I sprayed are now green again but the ring around the puddle I'll have to avoid for a few days. Unreal how much of that stuff is around.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I'm happy to report that today is the first day that I didn't find ANY WPM on any of my outdoor plants. I started using Trifecta Crop Control on Monday. Every afternoon I would inspect my plants, remove and spray. Not a drop today. I'm defoliating the bottoms to increase air flow. Hopefully this continues.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            That's GREAT!!
            CONGRATS!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	119489470_10225410474475201_7708078180268478529_n.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	449855

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            You lookin' t' get int' a squarrel?

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks PLreef. Hard to tell how smoky it is with all the rain cloud cover but I can definitely breathe better & it has knocked the ash down so I feel like it's 150% better.
            Last edited by JDU; 09-18-2020, 06:24 PM.

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad you guys are getting some kind of relief.

Gingerbeard Idk what she's doin with her squirrels down thatta way but I can tell you I ain't had to feed my cat in a week with all the food comin pourin in from the forest. I've seen a huge increase of birds, squirrels & insects who have made for a FEAST for her & her kitten as well as a plethora of coons n possums & even 2 coyotes traipsin through here! The bug zapper has popped like popcorn for 2wks day n night!!!

Comment

My lovely little kitty Mi Mi has a squirrel friend they watch each other and i do believe they play chase me around the fir tree.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X