Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny little plant; is it worth keeping?

Hey everyone,
    I started this seed late August, and it surprised my by popping up 10 days later! It is an old, rando bag seed from a cousin.. I have had a few of these types of plants pop up from time to time, but they all died rather quickly and certainly none that ever stayed alive this long.. Nearly 3 weeks now.. Does anyone have any experience with this? Will this grow into a full size/regular plant? It looks like it is still healthy and sprouting a new set of leaves to me.. Just super tiny..

I am trying like hell to baby this along until it can take off on its own, but.. should I?
    Attached Files

I honestly wouldn't have guessed those were cannabis plants. Very different leaf formation, but there are definitely freaks out there. I just can't....

The color looks decent, if growth is continuing, might as well keep them going. What kind of light do you have them under and how far away from the light are they? Maybe they just need a little more energy from the lights.

Comment

• Lucky13
      Lucky13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I started it under a viparspectra p1500 at about 30% power. I really dont like that light, so when I saw this wasnt going well, I moved it under my Phlizon 600W blurple. The phlizon is typically my go to light for vegging.

Was thinking the same ChadWestport, doesnt really look like weed..but second pic..maybe. And Lucky13, I'd give it another week or so and see how it progresses. Lets see what the ugly duckling turns into....
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thanks, yeah I have definitely had some odd grows in the past! https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...fully-flowered
      I was hoping to use this plant to breed with. One cousins bag seed with another cousins bag seed.. lol
      So, that was the one, heres a couple pics of the outdoor lab.. my cousin planted a bag seed in a pile of compost from last year and has simply fed it hose water.. wheres the face plant emoji?..(all my nutes, foliar sprays, expensive ass lights, equipment equipment equipment.. lol)
      Oh well haha I love my hobby!
      I pulled a few clones from compost monster plant some time ago so I could test/mother and control the breeding in my tent space at home. My back up plan is to use Phantom OG x c.m.p. and never tell either of them about this dinky little thing, but if it pulls through, then I will stunt Phantom OG under the shitty light I bought out of a tire shop 5 years ago in favor of my cousins actual bag seed!

I will keep you posted lol
      Attached Files

Comment

somehow the anomaly is still alive! I took the humidity dome off, and put it near a fan to help strengthen it up a bit. Go baby Go!

Sunshine dirt
        solo cup
        viparspectra p1500 light
        light nutes at the moment.. just a little n2, and bioroot
        foliar spray
        Attached Files

Comment

• Shankemdirty
          Shankemdirty commented
          Editing a comment
          What plant is that it looks so weird lol

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Lucky13, it still doesnt look like a cannabis plant. But, if it were mine and i planted the seed... I'd grow it out just to see what the hell it is.. Keep us up-dated.

Hell lucky you might get lucky and have a super bitch just waiting to break out. I wouldn't kill her. I'm growing a little one now myself I call her Mini she's finally about a foot tall probably fatter then tall has never been topped and has been growing 11 fingered leaves from about it's 4th node. I'll put a couple pics the last one is most recent in the middle is the top the branches are starting to outgrow it lol. Good luck with her
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          What a cool plant!!

I am so sorry. Not used to growing anything else, so when this popped up, I was like, mwahhh?????

Turns out this is just Dead Nettle though. It must have crept into my soil when I set my bags outside for a few days last cycle. ..which means my cousins seed never grew, and I now get to cross my other cousins outdoor plant x phantom o.g.

the dead nettle is set next to the phantom o.g which both got started around the same week. I will continue to grow the dead nettle, but this is something that I will take to work and leave in the office window. the other pic is of the dead nettle stem. it is square which is really cool to see a plant do. kinda.. (rather wanna see it grow sticky buds...)
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey little plants are fun, though I’m sorry your seedling wasn’t cannabis.

If it wasn’t for plant limits, I’d have little plants popping up in all of my other flower pots just for fun and variety.
          All summer I was tossing bag seeds into other flower pots and giving sprouted plants away after they got 6 or so inches tall.

I finished this tiny plant and she smelt like fruit loops.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky13 View Post
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamium_purpureum

I am so sorry. Not used to growing anything else, so when this popped up, I was like, mwahhh?????

Turns out this is just Dead Nettle though. It must have crept into my soil when I set my bags outside for a few days last cycle. ..which means my cousins seed never grew, and I now get to cross my other cousins outdoor plant x phantom o.g.

the dead nettle is set next to the phantom o.g which both got started around the same week. I will continue to grow the dead nettle, but this is something that I will take to work and leave in the office window. the other pic is of the dead nettle stem. it is square which is really cool to see a plant do. kinda.. (rather wanna see it grow sticky buds...)
            Thank god, cause I really didn't have the heart to tell you it's not cannabis in the 1% off chance that it was some wild mutant.

Comment

• Lucky13
              Lucky13 commented
              Editing a comment
              Still hoping for that 1%! lol

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too. Wouldn't that be cool? The coincidental timing of that thing though, has to make you smile.

Sorry it wasn't cannabis. Cute little plant nonetheless!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X