Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these plants ready? please help

Dear all,
    I have planted these in my closet in July, and there was nitrogen toxicity and they still don't seem to recover since then, I did flushing and maintained the proper dosing every weekend since then. Please have a look in the images, does it look that they are ready or please guide what to do now.

Kindly help
    regards
    Ajay

What you want to do is look at the trichome heads. They are the little balls on top of the clear stalks covering your buds and leaves. Many people will have their preference, so this is more guideline than rule, but once you have about 10% amber, 80% milky and 10% clear you are good to harvest. They progress as they reach ripeness from clear to milky to amber. Amber is the point that the THC starts to degrade into other cannabinoids.

Using a jewelers loupe or a good camera should get you a good look at the trichome heads.

Comment

How long has it been in flower? It looks like only a few weeks. Jewelers loup is best way to look at trichs but i hardly see any bud to harvest. IMO it looks like thy just started flower and need a month or two, however there seems to be an issue with the plant and that is going to cut into your yield.

Comment

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        Most strains will flower for 60-70 days before they are ready, but this is very strain dependent. Some go much longer than that, usually sativa strains. Some indica are ready around day 50. Again, check the trichomes for indicators of ripeness. Do you have much info about the strain you are growing? Breeder, flower time, name, etc?

• ajay
        ajay commented
        Editing a comment
        This is autoflower LSD, expected time told by the seed supplier was 70-80 days.

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        well if they are auto then you're plant will probably not produce much then as stress during flower will always stunt bud development. In order to get a good harvest you cant make many mistakes with auto's as there is no time to correct mistakes. Biggest mistake newbies make (me included) is starting with autos because there is so little margin for error. This is because any major stress will stunt the plant and severely impact yield and with autos you cant veg out a plant longer to correct issues and make sure plant is healthy before sending to flower. Autos imo are only for the experienced grower not for a novice. I find breeder times to be misleading as they mean if grown in by an experienced grower with no plant stress. Usually, topping or HST will tend to lengthen flower by a week or two.

I would say that they have around 4-6 weeks especially if you are still feeding them nitrogen. As said above you have to look at trichomes if you don't have a way to magnify them there are apps in the app store I use one called "cozy magnifier and microscope" downloaded for free. Its not great but it works. These two pics show what to look for
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

They still have nitrogen toxicity,

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
          How long has it been in flower? It looks like only a few weeks. Jewelers loup is best way to look at trichs but i hardly see any bud to harvest. IMO it looks like thy just started flower and need a month or two, however there seems to be an issue with the plant and that is going to cut into your yield.
          I totally agree with you Tersky, I do feel that these plants are kind of slowed. I don't see any growth in bud size or may be its quite slow. I feel the leaves in cola are quite green and don't show nitrogen toxicity. I am just panicking whether these "tiny-bulb" shaped small green "things" are about to flower or they are elements of cola and I don't need to worry. By the way I attached a video please have a look if they are ready. I don't want to loose whatever I have. Also, just for fun to tell, I took one of my baby-cola and carefully put them in oven and smoked. My god its amazing and just one small joint was amazing. This is LSD auto and its amazing.

Please guide me what to do as per video please.

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries. you should have seen my first couple grows. I didnt even have bud to smoke as it was way to airy. It takes practice and experience in reading a plant to get the hang of it. I would say they need a little while based on the vid as the trichs are still somewhat clear. I would wait until they are cloudy at least to maximize THC or even let some of the trichs turn amber if you want a more couch lock high. I like to look at trichs this way, If they look like glass or crystal then they need a bit longer. If the trichs look like more like plastic or white colored glass then they are in the harvest window. The more cloudy/white trichs you have the more potent it will be. When the trichs turn amber the THC is degrading into CBD which gives more of a couch lock high. Some like the speedy and some like the relaxy so to speak. It varies from grower to grower. One thing you can do is harvest part of the plant at different stages of trich development to find what you like the most. I tend to do that for strains i have not grown yet to see what i like more and it shouldnt effect the plant too much tho it may limit bud production form the stress of getting half chopped so dont use this on grows where you are trying to maximize yield. Hope this helps.

• ajay
            ajay commented
            Editing a comment
            Tersky thank you so much for all your feedback. I will wait until this turns milky white. One last question is I really wonder how long will that gonna take?

What kind of soil is that? I recently used some coco loco which has nutes in it. I burned most of the autos grown in it. Another post I read kind of sums it up:

"I have grown in coco loco before, and you must absolutely treat it like soil. They heavily amended the coco in that stuff. If you begin feeding the plant right away you will burn it. If you treat it like hydro with daily waterings, you will burn it. I suggest nothing but water, when the medium is dry, for at least the first 4 weeks. After that you can begin to introduce nutes at 1/4 strength and increase as needed. Basically think of it like soil, but with better drainage."

Next batch of autos I may use it to plant seeds but quickly transfer to coco. My run-off EC was literally 10x of what I was adding in nutes which was half strength. Your leaves still look dark and shiny. All that being said, the trichs do look not quite ready for primetime color wise but the heads are nicely formed. If you personally like the high then go for it. Unless you want to wait for a little better yield.

Comment

• ajay
            ajay commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Smoorman,

I soil was 20% coco 10%perlite and rest all-purpose soil. Intially these plants were amazingingly beautiful believe me. No sign of problem. It all started when I became more love giving and gave double the recommended amount of Nitrogen with PH adjustment.Within 2-3 days the toxicity was visible.

I will wait until this turns milky white. I really wonder how long will that gonna take.

Thanks for your feedback.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X