How to find the right dose of fertilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! How to find the right dose of fertilizer

I'm trying a new thing, I got tired of spending plenty of money on fertilizer. And bought a 15 7 15 fertilizer that has pretty much everything I need. It was not meant for weed so I don't know the dosages

I have a huge plant in a 18 liter bucket. It's granural fertilizer but I'm gonna dissolve it in water. How can I figure out dosage based on the fact that it is 15 7 15?

Good luck, IMHO it will leave a harshness to the final product, be prepared to flush.
    This may do ok for veg, but not for flower, and the reduced center number means less bud sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      Good luck, IMHO it will leave a harshness to the final product, be prepared to flush.
      This may do ok for veg, but not for flower, and the reduced center number means less bud sites.
      Mega Crop has similar 9 6 17 npk if I'm not mistaking, and it's sure as hell not a problem since that product is real good, why would this be an issue?

Flushing does nothing really, its been documented quite a bit and everyone who has tried seems to agree there is pretty much no difference to flush or not to, exepct a decrease in yield

Comment

• MrMagic
        MrMagic commented
        Editing a comment
        What evidence do you have that flushing does nothing. Send me the links. Flushing does not need to be done o an outdoor grow but indoors yes. Flushing absolutely works at removing excess ferts from plants. I always flush everyone I know flushes and most ppl here flush. Does your bowls snap crackle and pop when u smoke it does it leave a black or dark ash behind? That's excess ferts in ur buds. Not to mention it tastes like shit and in some cases cancerous.
        Flushing works period.

The main issue i see is the nitrogen and phosphorous content. It should be ok for veg when cut to a quarter strength, but plants want less nitrogen in flower and more phosphorous. This is why Rwise said you may have to flush, not just for harvest but to correct nitrogen toxicity. Flushing is used to correct a problem and people mistakenly call the last two weeks of plain water feed flushing (for soil, only a few days for hydro and coco). Rwise may be inferring that the excess nitrogen will cause issues and leave harshness if not flushed before harvest and in this instance i believe he is correct. That is why there are usually two different feeds for veg and bloom as the plant needs different ratios during veg and bloom.

I use GH Trio and only need to buy nutes once every year or two so it really is not that much of a expense IMO.

Comment

Flushing does not make the buds grow smaller. only washes the salts from the soil.
        There is a huge dif between 15 7 15 and 9 6 17, I dont use either of these, I am organic.
        Use what you want!

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
          The main issue i see is the nitrogen and phosphorous content. It should be ok for veg when cut to a quarter strength, but plants want less nitrogen in flower and more phosphorous. This is why Rwise said you may have to flush, not just for harvest but to correct nitrogen toxicity. Flushing is used to correct a problem and people mistakenly call the last two weeks of plain water feed flushing (for soil, only a few days for hydro and coco). Rwise may be inferring that the excess nitrogen will cause issues and leave harshness if not flushed before harvest and in this instance i believe he is correct. That is why there are usually two different feeds for veg and bloom as the plant needs different ratios during veg and bloom.

I use GH Trio and only need to buy nutes once every year or two so it really is not that much of a expense IMO.
          Well but the same could be said about mega Crop, but i don't see people having issues with N toxicity, and the values are not too far off

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            15 is not the same as 9.... the ratio is completely differnent so i dont know what you are talking about. Dont ask questions if you are not going to listen to the answers bud. Good luck. If you know so much why ask any questions?

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          Flushing does not make the buds grow smaller. only washes the salts from the soil.
          There is a huge dif between 15 7 15 and 9 6 17, I dont use either of these, I am organic.
          Use what you want!
          There was a research which proved that flushing does a absolutely nothing and cannot wash salts from the soil, I don't. Have it here, I guess you can find it if you look it up

Comment

• desertdan
            desertdan commented
            Editing a comment
            Follow label directions and you should be fine.

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd like to see a study that says flushing does not wash salts from soil as that would be contradicting to everything i have learned and experienced as a grower. There are studies that say that flushing does not help harvest but what do they mean by flushing as flushing is usually 3x pot size of plain ph water. Plain water feeding the last couple weeks allows plants to use up what is left in soil and cannibalize leaves for nutes. This could also be why you are spending so much on ferts as you are wasting a lot of ferts by not doing plain watering before harvest.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Do post a link!

Good luck with your decreased yield tersky buddy

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Again it does not decrease yield what so ever!

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol my last harvest was a pound DRIED with a 315 LEC in a 3x3....what decreased yield are you referring to...oh and where is that link you promised?

• MrMagic
            MrMagic commented
            Editing a comment
            So all the commercial cannabis growers providing medical MJ are world are wrong then according to you. They ALL flush. So all the farmers in the world are wrong along with university professors teaching agriculture are wrong to I guess. You must be one smart cookie to know what the world's leading experts dont.
            Good luck with your grow dont expect much expect it to taste like shit. You may wanna consider getting that third nipple pierced when it grows in fully.

Mix it with 10 20 10 and you get 25 27 25, that'll make er go!
          I dont like these ferts and dont use them.
          Have fun and Good Luck! Do keep us posted with your results.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            And with this I am done, have fun, good luck!

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Cant help those who think they are always right Rwise. Just another person to block. I'm out too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X