ID needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID needed

I could use some help figuring out what these are. It's these small white balls on one of my buds. The plant is in week 3 of flower and these are on the top of the biggest cola. I thought maybe it's some kind of eggs from a bug but I'm not sure. They were in kind of a cluster till I started messing with them.
    Attached Files
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

One more picture
    Attached Files
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

mental that they do look like eggs or maybe pollen just a long shot squeeze one let us know when u find out mate

Comment

WTF! How is the humidity there, do you get big swings between day & night temps in the grow? Those things are crazy looking. If you squish one, does it smear or does it crumble? Any liquid to it? Do you have any bugs, beneficials or not in your garden? Spiders?

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in New England so it's always kinda humid this time of year. I've seen leaf hoppers and a few spiders on my plants.

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd lean towards some sort of egg, but being in a humid place here, my mind always goes to different types of mold first. If you don't have good airflow around your canopy, that would also make me think a fungus, but I've never seen one like that.

It's not pollen. If you have nothing on other plants, remove the infected. I would even go so far as to put a garbage bag over it so you don't shake whatever eggs those are onto other plants.
        Subbing in. Real curious.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I'm gonna go collect some on a black piece of paper and take a close look under my microscope. I'll get some better pics.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I did a little more looking around a found 2 more "nests". After removing the white stuff I found what ever the culprit is is making a hole in the stem of the plant. The white stuff is sticky and is held together in a web type substance. I found one next that seems to be killing one of the flowers. After cutting it off I found a small worm. It's about 3/8" long. Any ideas what this bud destroying asshole might be???
            Attached Files
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              These are on my outdoor grow.

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              Mr.furley I did a quick Google search of silk worms and they seem to look like them.

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it may be the European corn borer, which does live in the New England area, I'll post some links below.

butterflies moths something like that maybe i got a load books on bugs i take a look for u mate i in uk were u at so i narrow down

Comment

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm in New England (north east USA)

ok mate i let u know

Comment

is there any leaf damage

Comment

• PLreef
                PLreef commented
                Editing a comment
                No leaf damage. Just the holes in the stem that are covered in that white dust stuff.

You made me think of something growell . Bugs don't eat the plants they are laying their eggs on because the larvae need the plant to feed. I'm pretty sure that's a thing.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

How about legs? Is it smoothe like a worm or does it have legs like a caterpillar?
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It moved around kind of like a caterpillar. I'm assuming it had feet like a caterpillar but I'm only speculating. Shortly after the photo the worm lost a battle with a set of tweezers.

• desertdan
                  desertdan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Predatory wasps are the best for this type pest.

Very interesting. Caterpillars don't lay eggs and those white things sure look like eggs of some kind. The poop I've seen is always black. I'm totally stumped.

Comment

• ChadWestport
                  ChadWestport commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good point, the time I had those few caterpillars, they did have little black poops.

I think have a good I'd. Hemp borring worm. They will turn into moths. Not how to eradicate them?
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I might go with the European Corn Borer based of of the info here - https://ag.umass.edu/vegetable/fact-...ean-corn-borer

The thing that stands out, is the amount of frass ejected from the hole. This worm does that. It also does live in the New England area and has two life cycles per year. After reading the above and narrowing a few things down, I think this might be another good candidate for what you are seeing. The bad thing is, it might have tunneled out your stalk which can lead to later problems.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X