HELP! Bud rot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Bud rot!

Along with WPM, I now have bud rot on some of the outdoor grow. I haven't heard of any cure for this except for removing the affected parts from the plant and isolating the plant from others. Had 3 buds on 2 plants last night. This morning had 4 buds on one of the same plants and then more on a third plant. Unless someone knows of a magic cure, I am considering taking the plants early. The tricomes are still clear, but what it is. Any suggestions for processing that would be different due to the plant not being ready for harvest?

I don't know if this is related to the WPM or bud rot, but when I trimmed some of the bud that I tried to salvage I noticed more than one small black flies. They are all dead. I'm wondering if they were the source of the fungus spores.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

As you're noticing it now it's likely already formed at the core of many other buds, working it's way out to where you can see it. Taking it early it can always be used for cooking if you don't like the buzz from smoking it. Wpm and budrot go hand in hand since it's usually caused by excess moisture that doesn't dry over the light cycle and builds up over time. Not sure about the flies though as I can't see what you're talking about how about some pics?
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Here is pix of the type of dead flies that I have been finding on the plants.

Comment

If I want to harvest this early, do I need to be concerned with spores contaminating my drying room? I would think that they would, so I need to set up an alternative drying situation. If I'm going to use it to cook with, maybe I will just process in the food dehydrator.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe!
          If you have stagnant air in the dry room it will.
          I had some on my early autos in the spring. I harvested the plant and makes sure the buds were dried a little faster than usual. I didn’t want to have it on the buds when they reached the jar

Here are some better pix of the flies that are on the plants. They are all dead and stuck to the resin on the bud. Do they have anything to do with the PWM? Anyone know what they are? Fungus gnats? Outdoor plants.
        Last edited by Ckbrew; 09-09-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have them too. But no WPM in my outdoor garden.
          I don’t think they contribute to the WPM -
          The spores from WPM is everywhere, literally! But it won’t Make an colonization before the air is stagnant and the Humidity is high

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X