Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible mildew question on behalf of a greenhouse grower...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    Isopropyl alcohol, bought in a garden store. 60% alcohol and 40% water.
    Yea I spray it. Just before lights are out or the sun is down.

• qpwoeiruty
    commented on 's reply
    Could you describe what alcohol you use and how you use it... For example isopropyl alcohol or grain alcohol, whether you dilute it and I'm assuming you spray it.

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    I have them in my veggie garden. But the alcohol kills them right away.

• MeEasy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks that's good to know I've only seen spider mites once. My brother in law works for a greenhouse that grows hemp he helps me out quite a bit but two or three years ago they ended up with them and I went over because I was curious and there were webs all over the bottom half of three different plants. Obviously they had been in there for awhile so to know that they won't have webs in the beginning is good to know.

• CaptainWiese91
    replied
    Thrips only In the early stage is my opinion.
    could also be spider mites, they only develop the web in the late stages because the colonies are getting to big for the leaves.
    Spider mites in early stages is possible without seeing any web at all..

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    replied
    Ya..thats not WPM..you got bugs.

Leave a comment:

• MeEasy
    commented on 's reply
    Here's a link with some pictures of them. I'm not sure that it is from your picture it looks like it could be

Spider mites are a common cannabis pest that can be very difficult to get rid of. Learn how to spot and treat at the first signs of these nasty pests.

• qpwoeiruty
    commented on 's reply
    And they would cause a powdery stuff on the leaves?

• qpwoeiruty
    commented on 's reply
    I'll get a pic of the underside next time I swing by there

• MeEasy
    replied
    When I zoom in I see little black guys that look like spider mites but I don't see any webbing. I've never seen the Borg that Canuck147 is talking about but with no webs he's probably closer than I am. I can't zoom enough to make out the black guys for facial recognition lol

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    Look under the leaves - fungal gnats - also known as 'The Borg'.

Leave a comment:

• Possible mildew question on behalf of a greenhouse grower...

I gave someone I know a couple of photoperiod seeds for their greenhouse, I only really use autos. It's their first grow and it looks good at the moment. I went round to see them the other day and they had some powdery stuff on the leaves. I've never had that as an issue before and it doesn't seem to be hurting them too badly at the moment at least but I was wondering what it was and if it's going to be an issue. The whole greehouse seems to have some degree of stuff on it and I think it might be mildew. Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-09-09 at 13.46.52.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	446162
    Attached Files

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X