Strange days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange days

I'm in way southwest San Diego. There are several fires burning to the north of me. I know lot's of y'all know of them.

The smoke from the fires is mixing with seasonal high fog to make daylight a sickly yellow. Two days ago we had ash falling from a smaller fire that was to our east. Every so often, there is a strong smell of campfire. There is plenty of open space to the northeast, east, and south so there might be fires closer. I've been in San Diego long enough that this is not my first down wind. However, it seems somber, outside. There isn't as much... noise. Birds, dogs. That sort of thing. Very strange days, these.

Those of you closer to the fires, take care.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

And the dust. Oooohh the dust.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      Here in S. AZ sky is completely overcast with smoke. Yellowish sky.

Here in the South Bay Area of Los Angeles I woke to what smelled like a campfire. Eerie yellow orange tinge to the morning sky and ash sprinkled over the cars parked on the street below. After coffee I went out to the balcony to do a little grooming of the plants and there's a granularity to everything I touch. To make matters worse, I found a little bit of caterpillar poop on one of my leaves below a bud. Ill winds in California for sure,

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd figure the ash would be a good repellent for bugs?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X