Clones been a while need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones been a while need advice

Ok not sure what I did wrong or if I just need more time. Yes I see the front 4 are looking bad. I haven't cut clone in a few years and need some advice. I followed the advice on gwe. Using clones gel. It's been 8 days and not one is showing any roots. Am I just being impatient?

I kept the sleeves on my rock-wool intact so the cubes wouldn't mash potato on me. I've been 15 days in the cubes and still haven't seen a root but yesterday noticed some new leaf development. I did kind of an emergency clone job when it was just entering flower so I'm currently doing 19 hrs of light a day of very mild lighting and will trim the flower when they begin to look like they'll make it.. Some of yours are looking sketchy but the others seem to be holding on. I had tried back in June to clone her in soil and they never took so I bought the rock-wool and some Dip'nGrow to give it one more try when I found the pollen I had saved went south. I would suggest keeping yours going until the bloody end. Good luck

Comment

I honestly like the Rapid Rooters for my clones. I turn them over (top is flat) and poke holes in the bottom and stick the clones in rooting gel and right in the Rapid Rooters I just make sure there's a little water in the bottom of the tray and spray them. Mine usually root in a week, maybe just over. Most of yours are perky so that means they're doing something. I'd say just a little more time and you should see something there.

Comment

Thank you. Was what I was thinking pretty sure I'm going to lose the front 4. I use to have this down but it's been about 6 years since I had a grow going.

2c4 gorilla grow tent
        Raspberry cough nirvana seeds
        Ffof and ffhf with jiffy dirt for drainage
        Kind l300 led
        2 100w advanced led diamond series

4x4 gorilla grow tent
        if the clones ever take
        Kind k5Kind 750

Nutes fox farm trio

6" Cloudline intake and out take fans with
        temp and humidity monitoring system

Comment

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Still not a bad survival rate for as long as it's been.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't keep them overwatered just moist. Not to scare you just seen on here some stem rot from those wool cubes. I don't use those things either. Just cloning gel and water, warm area and 10day-2wk i got roots. I stick them in a 4x4 plastic cup with nice fluffy soil off they go. KISS warm & light

I clone in water with air, 10+ days to roots (varies), same time with any brand gel/powder/homemade stuff.

Comment

i soak my rooting blocks in shogun start then spray them with whats left 8 to 12 days

Comment

Thank you soorbudgal. Just pulled the dome off so they can dry out a bit I'll put it back on before they go to sleep. Threw out the three that wernt going to make it clipped the bad looking leaf on the other. The rest are reaching to the light with vigor.

2c4 gorilla grow tent
            Raspberry cough nirvana seeds
            Ffof and ffhf with jiffy dirt for drainagdrainage
            kind L300 led
            2 100w advanced led diamond series

4x4 gorilla grow tent
            if the clones ever take
            Kind k5K XL 750

Nutes fox farm trio

6" Cloudline intake and out take fans with
            temp and humidity monitoring system

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Good sign

Next time I'll just use soil and solo cups.
            clonex gel.

Comment

I think the cubes are too wet and make sure you use clean water and disinfect the tray before the next batch of clones

Comment

Always do.dawn dish soap then I let it dry. Yeah I'm letting the cubes dry right now. Heating pad on high lights on and dome off. I use RO water ph between 5.5 and 6.0.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never used rock wool. I use oasis cubes. Give it a try. They’re cheaper and hard to over saturate

I just cut and go direct to dirt with no starters and just keep the soil good and moist. 10 days later voila. I cant remember the last time I had one croak on me
                Attached Files
                3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
                1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
                1000w Tolys led (burple)
                Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
                Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
                No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

Wel here are the two I took cuttings from. If this round fails I'll be able to try agian before I set them to flower and that is what I'll be doing. Soil solo cops and rooting gel.

Attached Files

Comment

• MrMagic
                    MrMagic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Depending on when you decide to flip you have lots of time and opportunity for more cuttings

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X