Spidermites help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spidermites help

I have a spidermites infestation. I have tried been oil. Azamax. Nothing works. I ordered 1500 lady bugs. Will be here tommorow. Has anyone ever have luck with them. The plant I believe is starting to flower

You gotta clean the tent thoroughly and treat your plants regularly. Once you get infested they can be next to impossible to eradicate. My daughter had an indoor grow a few years ago and we ended up having to wash the tent with bleach and toss her plants. Ladybugs is a great idea for long term control.

Comment

Fans, fans and more fans. Spider mites don't like wind. I also used this stuff with a lot of success. Good luck mate.
      Attached Files
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Ladybugs are the killing machine you want here, spinosad works, 91%ISO with water 50/50, either need to be sprayed every other day for at least 3 treatment s and watch. The sprays kill the adults, but not the eggs.
        Good luck, you will soon know why they are called the borg!

Comment

Never had them in my cannabis plants.
          But I have them in my veggie garden, pepper plant, tomatoes, and so on.
          I’m using pure alcohol mixed with water as Rwise is writing. And it totally works. They die instantly almost.

good luck !
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I had mites in my first grow. I read through the mite tutorial on GWE and this is what I used to exterminate them. It only took one treatment to do the job. But I was very thorough in spraying every surface of the plant to where it was dripping from the tips of the leaves. Even though I did a reservoir change immediately after treatment with a nutrient mix that had been stable through out the grow PH was crashed the next morning and had to redo the nutrient change.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2431.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	436460

Comment

Rwise with the alcohol/water spray...tops and bottoms of leaves of course...buds? After the spray is it to a dark room or under the lights? Don't want to hijack a thread but it seems this has been a bad year for the Borg.
              TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
              EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
              AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
              IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Spray the bottoms then the tops and buds, soak em! Shut the big lights off until they are dry, use a fan to dry them.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
                  OlderNOTwiser commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the quick reply. Searching for spidermites on the forum keeps bringing up your name! Damn, you've had some "learning opportunities" these past couple years. I'm only running a single plant right now (indoors...never again in the heat of summer) and she was trained to stay within my tent constraints. I've had two HotShots in the tent over a week. Things slowed but are again picking up speed. Unbelievable how fast they adapt! I placed the plant on a table so I could get under all the leaves and then stood up and sprayed all of the tops. Then the buds. Placed back in the tent with all lights off, a recirc fan to move air and my inline exhaust running on temp and humidity. Once dry I will put the lights back on. Thanks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X