Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo cup autoflower grow competition late 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solo cup autoflower grow competition late 2020!

Hey! I thought it would be a fun thing to do! Anyone up for it? Lets settle some rules and a finish date!
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Rules:

1 or more autoflowers grown in any medium in a cup, small pot or can. Around 500ml (not sure of US/CA units but its not that picky!). Winner is the one with highest yield in one plant. Simple enough!

Start date: Now!

Finish date: November 1st.

This sounds ok with you guys? Iam open for suggestions or ideas!

Comment

I will be growing some autos this year and would do this but Now is a Little to soon. I would suggest start in 30 day so peeps could order seed, make room and so on.

other then that I'm down.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I got to much going this time, i won't be able to start till after Nov 10th.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. A little more warning so folk can plan n plot n find room. 😊

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        I might be able to squeeze in a solo cup but if not i will be an avid watcher.

I'm in but can't start for a month or so.

Comment

Would a 1 gallon pot adhere to those rules? Where is the limit on what a "small pot" would be?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          500ml is just over 1 pint or 1/8 gal.

ETA: It's essentially still the volume of a solo cup.

• Smerft85
          Smerft85 commented
          Editing a comment
          That would put me out then. My autos are already going, have one in a roughly 1 gallon home made style bucket, and two of a different strain in a five gallon bucket. Dont plan on adding to my plant count either, already at my limit.

Autoflowers only? I may have to get more. I have a Cheese XXL auto but I wanted to use it outside next summer. Last order took almost 5 weeks to get here.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Want something sooner? PM me

• dphipps1020
          dphipps1020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I ordered a few more. Probably just use the Cheese XXL for it. Thank you though.

Gonna have a Beginners Class? 🤞hahaha

Comment

Best of luck to all of you! I'm just figuring out photos. With the way 2020 already went, I'm not taking on any more that I can't control, lol. "Omg, you're flowering now?? Really?"
          I'll do almost anything once. Fortunately most of those things I already did once were way before cell phone cameras and socials. I'll follow your Grow-a-thon to learn how not to mess it up when I finally do have a chance to try an auto.

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've got my first autoflowers going right now. Been all photoperiod before this. Just getting in on this for fun and cause I missed the last solo cup challenge.

Well, I am already doing this, but with photo plants. Germinated 4/1, been in solo cups since, outdoors. The only thing I give them is a splash of neuts and water when I feel like it. They were topped once, but other than that I have done nothing for them. No trimming, or grooming. They get blown ofer all the time and are generally abused. They r about 3 feet tall. Solo cups r 3/4 full of what was dirt. The roots are starting to grow up out of the soil. Despite this abuse and neglect, they are starting to transition to flower. Will let u know how they turn out. Just an experiment.
          Last edited by Ckbrew; 08-07-2020, 01:01 PM.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I'm up for it swegrow just not for a while. Can we plan for after harvest Croptoe-ber LOL
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Allright everyone! What if we start october 1 and have new years eve as a finish date? Gives plenty of time to finish for an auto. Lets vote!

Comment

• dphipps1020
                dphipps1020 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds good. Gives me time to get my seeds and decide which to use. Ordered Space Mango, Pineapple Glue, and Critical Orange Punch, and I have the Cheese XXL too.

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                That sounds pretty good to me.

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Aw hell. I'm in too.
                Mostly for shits n giggles but maybe I'll learn somethin along the way 🤠

Edit Oh yeah..... Nope I'm out. I almost forgot we're thinkin about goin to see the grandkids during the Holidays. Oh well- I'll just have to lurk haha.
                Last edited by JDU; 08-05-2020, 02:00 PM.

Still cant participate, I've only got outdoor grow options. Oh well.

Comment

I'm in for the grow I got seeds
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I was amazed at plants that were entered last time, I didn't try it because ordinarily it interferes with my photo's. But whatever I have some auto seeds and I can find a cup. It'll be great !! (whoops sounded like somebody talking about a wall )
                  Focus and relativity.

Comment

If we start October 1st.
                    I’m all in !
                    I will give you the nicest solo cup auto you ever have seen😁
                    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• dphipps1020
                      dphipps1020 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Space Mango for the contest and I'm going to do a practice run. I think I know how I want to train her too. Just wondering how far in until I'm going to have to feed her. Going to plant the Cheese XXL tonight I think.

• CaptainWiese91
                      CaptainWiese91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You have to keep me on track on that practice grow my friend 😁😁👍🏻

• dphipps1020
                      dphipps1020 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Germinating her now. Will do a separate post for her.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X