Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In my best, beetles voice: Help, I need somebody....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smerft85
    replied
    I admit 100% I'm terrible at keeping clones alive unless they come to me very well rooted. I think what I would do is trim all the dying foliage and cool them down a touch. I've never tested my ph levels so I know little when it comes to that, but it may help to get some sort of aeration tank to bubble your water impurities out for 24-48 hours and just do straight water a couple more weeks. The new growth looks healthy to me, and trimming the dead stuff off should promote the new growth to remain healthy.

P.s. I agree, the person cutting the clones shouldnt have handed out clones that weren't rooted and stable.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Could be the person taking the clones. They should have roots before handing them off.

• MrSassinak108
    replied
    Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
    Do they have roots? Did you put them in rockwool? Was the rockwool ph adjusted prior to adding the plants?
    If so...my guess is too hot with too much light intensity.
    hard to say.
    What is the PH of the water and feed? What is the PH of the same liquid when it comes out the bottom of the rock wool.
    I see soil temp, but don’t see any soil?
    Not yet.. none of them have roots yet.. though I am seeing more shoots forming, so perhaps its still too early..

I've been tinkering with them "formulas" a bit.. (one guy said stick to 75 degrees for the plants.. but speaking with a more experienced grower said, for the young ones, they need more heat.. even up to 85 is ok.. So moved them off the floor (they were previously on the tent floor, so I inverted the plant tins that they would be going into to raise them up about an inch from the floor.

Then playing with the lights, (manufacturer says Seedling stage: 20''~28‘’ Veg Stage: 16''~20‘’ ;Flowering Stage: 10''~16‘ at full intensity) which I was doing prior, but I think that may be too strong.. so I moved them to be 28 inches at 75% intensity.

I have not tested the water plain, but the feed with water was 3.37 (per Apreva ph Meter) and plain water was 6.74.

Sorry, yes.. no soil yet. they are still in grow blocks.. I was told don't put them in soil until the roots start to show.. For example, in the photos here, these are some of the better looking ones in the same environment.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrSassinak108; 07-31-2020, 11:52 PM. Reason: Adding pictures to help contrast..

Leave a comment:

• crucialbunny
    replied
    . If your other plants are doing okay in the same nutrient bath I would think these just didn't root.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    replied
    Do they have roots? Did you put them in rockwool? Was the rockwool ph adjusted prior to adding the plants?
    If so...my guess is too hot with too much light intensity.
    hard to say.
    What is the PH of the water and feed? What is the PH of the same liquid when it comes out the bottom of the rock wool.
    I see soil temp, but don’t see any soil?

Leave a comment:

• In my best, beetles voice: Help, I need somebody....

Greetings community.. First time caller, long time listener..

I'm trying to figure out what's going wrong with my babies..

I have 9 plants (all fairly young, only about 1-2 weeks in my care).. and already I have a few that look like they may be on their last legs.. The rest look fairly healthy..

Any ideas folks? They are all under LED lights indoor (tent). (details of the environment are below)

-----------------------------
    Melonfarm 48x48x80 Reflective Tent
    1 Mars Hydro 3000W LED Grow light (using 75% power at 28" away)
    1 AC Infinity Cloudline T6 6" Fan
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Ambient temp is between 80-83F (peak day, and 74-78 at night)
    Currently doing 22 Hours on 2 hours off (light/dark)
    Tent has moderate negative pressure with vent open at bottom for cooler air in during the day, and closed with fans reduced at night to maintain temp)
    Soil moisture about 30% (using MiFlora probe)
    Soil temp is about 1-2 degrees different than ambient temp (again by probe)
    6" Vivosun fan/filter
    General Hydroponics Grow/Bloom/Micro Combo Set (doing 30,10,20ML in sequnce) while young.
    Canna Coco/perlite (WILL get there, right now, still in cubes)
    Diatomaceous earth for "crowd control"

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X