Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvested and drying herm pollinating???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvested and drying herm pollinating???

Hello, my grow is in a sunroom so it’s natural light but sort of indoor conditions. One of my plants hermed a little bit and produced pollen sacs about a month ago, so I put it outside so it wouldn’t mess up my other plants. I have been able to continue giving it 12/12 even though it is outside, and now it is just about harvest time. The pollen sacs seem to have since dried up and now the buds have lots of seeds in it, but I still want to harvest/dry/cure for extra practice as it is still pretty new to me. My question is, could a drying herm plant still pollinate other plants? I have a blackout tent in my basement that I use to give my sunroom plants 12/12, but I also have used my basement for drying in the past. If I harvest my herm plant and hang it to dry in my basement, is there any risk of it spreading pollen to the plants I bring down each night from my sunroom? I don’t see any new pollen sacs or anything and just see seedy buds currently. Thank you.

Just to be safe, I would keep them separated as far as possible.

Comment

No not a all. If you trimmed them all and all are hanging on a dry rack, it it’s not possible. The flowers are “dead” you cut them off the plant, the plants life is ended there. So it will be impossible they are going to pollinate the other buds on the rack
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• F10werChyld
        F10werChyld commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the live girls get taken into the basement nightly, right FortyNation?

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        He writes: could a drying herm plant still pollinate..

This is why I gave my answer

I had to cancel my original post. I read and re-read this post and what the grower did with his experiment. That's what i'm thinking this whole thing is a experiment of 1sts. I would learn to never place a once flowered pollen plant back into a tent with others that are flowering or even growing. Learn on i guess? Alive or dead
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you for the replies. To clarify, I would bring the newly harvested herm/outside plant into the basement to dry, but it would not be in the tent my flowering sunroom plants go in at night. I don’t have a drying rack, so I would just hang the herm to dry on one side of the room, about 10 or so feet from the tent I put my flowering sunroom plants.

When bringing my sunroom plants down to the basement to go in the tent each evening, I would not have to walk by the drying herm plant, if that would make any difference.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          If the buds are cut off the stem, they won’t pollinate. End of story

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          OHHHH OK then LOL got it now soo sorry it's all good

I get it now what he said in his last post CaptainWiese91 he explained it more clearly on his last post (unless i'm more dense than i thought LOL )
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem at all 😅. The explaining was a little difficult

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X