DWC Flowering Leaf Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! DWC Flowering Leaf Problems

I’m on week 10 since switching lights to flower (about 7-8 since buds started showing) and I’ve been fighting leaf issues for a few weeks now. I’ve gone through the plant doctor a number of times, tried increasing some nutes thinking it was potassium, I’ve tried decreasing thinking it was nute burn, I’ve tried raising my lights thinking it may be the lights too close, but nothing has seemed to help.

The nutrient amounts I’ve been mostly sticking to for flower has been 1 tsp/gal FloraMicro, 1/2 tsp/gal FloraGro, 1 tsp/gal FloraBloom, 1/2 tsp/gal CaliMagic, 2 ml/gal HydroGuard, 1 ml/gallon Mr Fulvic, Ph’d to 5.8-6. I’m growing in a 5 gallon bucket, so it usually ends up around 2.5 gallons, and I add a gallon 2-3 times a week. I do a full replacement weekly.

I switched yesterday to 1/2 tsp/gal FloraMicro, 1 tsp/gal FloraBloom, 1/2 tsp/gal CaliMagic, 2 ml/gal HydroGuard, 1 ml/gallon Mr Fulvic, Ph’d to 5.8-6

Photos are attached.
    4x2x6 grow tent
    Qb288v2 clone light
    DWC in 5 gallon bucket
    GH Trio, Hydroguard
    Cloudline T6 Exhaust, S6 Intake
    Sensorpush temperature and humidity metrics

What is breeder flower time? It may just be getting to the end of the grow. First off i think you may be giving too much nitrogen as your leaves look dark in the natural lighted pics. There is also evidence of slight nute burn but not serious. Plants tend to lose color in the leaves at the end of the grow. The trich pics look like sugar leaf trichs are they? If so, then look at the trichs on the bud not sugar leaf. It's not uncommon for leaves to turn yellow, purple and/or red at the end of a grow. That is the plant using the nutrients in the leaves to finish the bud making process.

Comment

• Aevin1387
      Aevin1387 commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried my best to get the trichome photos from the bud, not the sugar leaf, but it’s really tricky. The nute burn was primarily from early in the flowering

Everything Tersky said is spot on. At this point I think you can forgo anymore nutrients because you're at that point where it's draining it's store in the leaves. However, that being said, this is the point in time with my grows that I begin adding blackstrap to my regular watering schedule. For some reason I've found that even though they aren't pulling more nutrients from the soil the buds seem to like a bit of the sweet to fatten themselves a bit.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldnt do molasses in hydro. Tends to gunk up hoses and can cause bacterial issues. Also he should not stop nutes until a few days before harvest again cause hes in hydro. I would definitely cut back on the GH Micro a bit.

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't notice it was hydro. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Never grown in water but I can imagine sticky goo would be a no-no.

Looks like it's time to let her finish.
    Stop feeding and just hydroguard and ph'd.
    Looks pretty green at this point.
    When I ran Flora trio, I always used the full dose of the Micro in all phases and then adjusted the gro and bloom depending on growth stage.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X