No announcement yet.

Fat Banana Grow Diary/ Viparspectra R900 VS. Lumatek Attis 300W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are a very good trimmer also Capt. i am in the middle of harvest outdoor and taking a break from it now. Did you get any scissor hash? i'm letting it pile on my clippers then doing a scrape. I love seeing frosty crystalized bud when it's dry, yours are just yummy looking can almost smell it......
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the kind words ☺️
      Yea I got a bit from the 3 plants now. But I saved it and going to keep it until all plants are trimmed. So I let it pile though out every trim, and then I save it in a box with the rest of the hash I have.
      I’m saving all the trim in the freezer. I have trim from 12 different plants. Trim from all the 22 autos throughout the summer and then mixed with the 9 photo fat banana. Should be able to make round 10grams or more of crystals pressed to hash

Just looked now, I have another one going purple too. 😅🤟🏻
    need to ask the breeder now😂
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn’t expect it. But I will smoke it anyway 😂

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Captain, one of my FB I’ve just harvested (also from RQS) turned a beautiful purple colour too. I had other plants (critical) in the same tent do it too. My mate says it’s to do with getting the right temps at night during late flower that brings it out. Either way happy days 🤟🏻

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not my temps. Because the lowest temperature in the night is 22 Celsius.
      Talked with RQS and they said some phenotype do this.
      Gave them my whole setup description, and we both agreed on it must be in the genetics.

Vipar plant no. 3

A little purple in this plant also. Definitely over 40+ grams. In dried weight.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oz is 28g I think.
      That is a fine amount. I just need to get at least 40g on all of them. And maybe I will get it.

Yours look really good btw

• buds73
      buds73 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes an ounce is 28g, i may be a little optimistic but who knows they might surprise me. I think you'll get the weight your looking for, you have some nice size colas there. Going to take me another round or 2 of growing to get my target weight of half a pound (8 oz) of fat banana to be able to make 60g of RSO.
      Thanks. I was going to take some pics to post today but i forgot that our clocks went back and lights went off an hr earlier so i'll post some tomorrow.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I totally forgot about the clock today😂. But doesn’t matter. The last are finished in 6-7 days maybe

Vipar plant no. 4

little more difficult to trim this one. Nevertheless I think it will yield around 40-50g dried

Comment

Lumatek plant no. 2

Comment

Vipar no 5.

When you looked at this plant in the tent, is was worried about the yield. But after all the buds are hanging and trimmed.
        40+ gram in dried weight. Maybe a little more.

one thing I did wrong with this mainline/ quad line. I left too many nodes on each main stem. I could easily have removed 3-5 bud sites on every plant and on every main stem.
        well it’s a lesson learned for sure

Comment

Lumatek plant no. 3
          So this is was without a doubt my favorite plant of all nine. Stayed small and compact, but is the top yielding of all 9. I’m definitely on 60+ gram here.
          The smell on this one was very deep chemical smell. I really love that about Kush strains❤️🤟🏻

Comment

Nice grow Captain. What do you think of it? Mine has had 2ish weeks cure and looking like it’s going to be some grade a shit.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I still have one more plant left, it needs 2-4 days more.
              The quality is very good! But I could have asked for more in yield. But let’s see when all plants are weighed in. Maybe I’m close to my goal.
              I’ve tasted some from the first plant, it’s 2-3 weeks ago. And I’m satisfied with quality.

Very nice. Those colas do look a little fatter and fuller than the ones in the other pics.
            3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
            Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
            Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
            Couple of fans for airflow
            First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
            Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
            Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

• buds73
              buds73 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's been over 10yrs since I smoked White widow and I guess I had a particularly good one. It was so frosty you had to break it open to see any green knocked me about a bit but there again my tolerance wasn't as high back then.
              There so many strains I'd like to try now but with so much choice it's hard to know what to choose

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              buds73
              Couldn’t agree more. It’s like a fat kid in a candy store. Or a vegan in the vegetable section. It’s so hard to choose what to grow.
              My two main preference is the content and yielding ability

• buds73
              buds73 commented
              Editing a comment
              With some of the names you could be in a candy store what with the sherbert and cotton candy cane lol

Well a High yielding strain can be good, and then the lack of potent can be accepted then. Patience is not my strong side either. But it’s worse with the cure than the harvest.. my weed is curing to slow 😂😂. And we entered the raining season now, it’s awful. Just on the drying rack it takes 5 more days now to get proper dry before cure.. I’m not a fan

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I can give up a little potency for a higher yield. Curing doesn't matter to me much, I will smoke it if it's dry enough 😂. Longer dry is good though, makes the smoke a little smoother. All my WW clones are under 60cm tall but I'm thinking 7 oz from 10 tiny plants. Definitely got less from other strains at the same height.
              Last edited by dphipps1020; 11-02-2020, 02:26 AM.

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              You are just like me 😂😂👍🏻
              Maximum 3-4 weeks after harvest I’m already starting to smoke the herbs 😂. Never had buds lasting longer than 3-4 months max! 😂.

7 oz from 10 plants is not bad at all. So yea the WW is a good yielder - maybe one to choose on day for me.

My tallest plant was 65cm in this grow. And from 5 plants, I have 220G still need to weigh the last 4. But I think I’m going to get around 400grams. Which is acceptable I think

• lalaland
              lalaland commented
              Editing a comment
              Smoking it right off the branches as soon as it’s dry enough😂😂 Not because I’ve run out, just because I wanted to try it!

Just because we were talking about the White Widow... I took this a little while ago. You should definitely give it a try some day.
            Attached Files

Comment

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes me so sad.
              A White Widow is one of those I had to snip 2wks before the window opened. 😭😭😭

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear JDU😕

• lalaland
              lalaland commented
              Editing a comment
              White widows a true classic! And hardy!!! Was the only plant to make it to the harvest window from my disastrous first indoor grow. Definitely one of my picks for next years outdoor season

Some dried fat banana. 👍🏻

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
              AccidentalGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              Oooo. It's what's for breakfast. Those are b-e-a-Yoo-ti-ful!

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you guys😃

Lovely high, good taste also. I have weighed in 7 plants now. It’s on 285,18 grams. Still have the biggest one on the drying rack and I still have one in the tent, finishing in 3-4 days.

Maybe 350 in total to will end with. 50 grams less than I expected. But let’s see when the last two plants are ready for the weight scale

• lalaland
              lalaland commented
              Editing a comment
              Those look 😋

Lumatek no 4
            so we are officially done with the grow.
            next couple of weeks I will have the total weight of all plants.

and I will have a review ready on both lamps 👍🏻

happy growing captain

And ! Picture of all the new pots with 8 cookies gelato👍🏻 And the middle pot is an auto lemon skunk. Exciting new grow 🤟🏻

Comment

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              I look forward to your comments on the light comparison.
              looks like a very nice harvest for you either way.
              Congrats.

• buds73
              buds73 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your welcome. The info and pics were more than enough.

• CaptainWiese91
              CaptainWiese91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank You JohnEmad. I have some free time tomorrow I will do the review there I think

Buds73 I’m glad the pics could help a little 😎

Just had time to look at Lumatek and found out they are a long time player in the horticultural lighting game.
            They recently opened up shop in N A under the name PHOTONTEK. Impressive LED lights they offer.

Comment

Hey guys! Sorry for the long waiting review on the lamps !
              But I ended up in a lot of private problems, so I needed some time off the forum..
              nevertheless!

Lumatek Attis 300W
              After my judgment it’s clearly the winner of the grow. Why?
              It makes literally no sound at all.
              Faster and bigger veg grow, even though it uses less watt than the viper.
              easy to clean.

Choices to dimm the light from 20-40-60-80-100 %
              Better spread of the light, it reaches a bigger area.
              Same size buds all over both lamps - which is good when it used less energy than the viparspectra.
              Perfect light for seedlings also, or clones with the dimm option down to 20% of light.

Viparspectra R900.
              good beginner light. The price for this lamp and what it can do is good, honestly.
              very hard to clean
              should could replace a HPS 600W - which I think it clearly don’t do.
              not enough spread of light.

Makes a lot of noise with the build in fans.
              More easy to “burn” the plants than with the lumatek.
              Half the price than the Lumatek which I think it’s a good beginner lamp no doubt.

my conclusion is
              it seems the plants like the lumatek light much more than the blue/purple/red spectrum from the vipar.
              the new plants is in week 2 now and again the lumatek plants are way bigger and growing way faster.
              which I why I think the lumatek is the winner.

totalt yield for the grow was 388 grams. 12 grams from my goal.

happy growing captain !

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Many thanks budgal ☺️
                The Vipar is a good lamp - but yea some other companies are really moving forward on the LED lamps, and are producing some amazing lamps

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                Great review and growing Captn.
                I was surprised the Lumatek grown buds were close to the same size as the Vipar but that is what comparison tests are for.

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks John
                Actually the biggest buds and the highest yielding plant was under the lumatek. But could also be phenotype right.

I’m just amazed over how faster the grow is under the lumatek from the vipar. The Vipar still makes good buds and a good overall beginner lamp - no doubt.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X