Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I wash my buds?

Hello,

As I am approaching harvest for 5 outdoor plants I am curious about washing the outdoor buds. Is this something that most people do?

Thank you,

I never heard of such a thing. Are they dirty?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I like dirty weed nasty sticky little buddies

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal I read that and almost called you a nasty girl. Good thing I didn't. Might have embarrassed us both, wot?

Hey Warnock . Around these parts, washing buds isn't real popular. Largely because of the trichomes that get knocked off in the process.
    What's on your outdoor plants is on everything outdoors. Unless you have some real toxic air, washing doesn't do much. I have an on shore breeze that puts salt and sand on my plants. Nothing that has made a discernable difference in taste or quality.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Sticky buds don't wash off. My cat likes to roam my grow and you can't imagine what a bitch it is at grooming time to remove cat hair from a gooey, sticky nugget.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        Cream of Cat or Dab O' Dog 'll do ya, LOLOL
        All pet parents who enthusiastically enjoy have smoked parts of their pets, lol.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Cream of cat? I am interested in this dish, @AccidentalGardener.

Who's going to be the first to mention smoking Doberman?

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        Saw a bumper sticker once that said "Cat, the other white meat". Goes with "Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore". Seriously, cats are cool. They eat rats. Rats are my enemy. They've eaten many a seedling. I even saw them running on the fishing line my colas were hanging from like on a tightrope! Trying to shake them off so they could drag them off somewhere. for what purpose I haven't a clue. I came in to the basement and saw all my buds swinging around and thought WTF! Looked up and LMAO!

crucialbunny . When your cats rub against your plants, do you scrape your cat for cat hash?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        BAHAHAHAHA! I have had a cat rake a tail through a tray of ground weed. Similar to what happens if they get into packing peanuts, lol. (dying at this...thank you)

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Two years ago I grew a few GG4's and my friends began to refer to it as GGfur.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Late flowering, when I get in the plants with a loupe, I get beard hash.

Bud washing is mostly done when one has a bug infestation to help remove bug shit and dead bugs. If your buds are not infested with bugs I would not suggest washing them.

Comment

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I washed my first two harvested plants this year as they had caterpillar issues. Lots of droppings came out in the wash along with a bunch of garbage. Thanks to your recommendation of Captain Jacks, the rest of my plants are free of those pests! No washing needed for them. Thanks again!

Sounds like I don't need to wash them! Thanks everyone.

Comment

I've done this technique and I had great results.
        This is "Jorge Cervantes- Washing Away Powdery Mildew" by Jorge Cervantes on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X