HONEYSUCKLE, outdoors, forced flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HONEYSUCKLE, outdoors, forced flower

So, when this lockdown stuff began, it dawned on me that I may not be getting many visitors for a while, so it seemed a good idea to get some seeds going. I'm used to indoor grows, but this time I may be able to get away with one outside. Yay! free energy!!! Had 2 x Honeysuckle (advanced female seeds), and 1 x peyote cush (barney's farm), but only one came up.... meet baby honey suckle, photo 2 weeks from sprout, and 4 weeks enjoying the sunshine🌞
    ​​​​
    ​​​​​​🇬🇧

She looks very happy and such a pretty name
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NeBoddy
      NeBoddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, mother nature is the best!!!!

Growing quickly
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

After 4 weeks veg: she was transplanted into 30 litre Aeropot, with plagron batmix. The head was bent over and tied down to to the side of the pot, to engourage the the inner shoots to branch. Managed to get a couple of cuttings from the very bottom shoots!😉👍

At 5 weeks veg: the inner shoots had all branched up to the height of the bend, so the head was un-tied and a forced 12/12 dark cycle started in a makeshift blackout tent. Used some larger computer fans rigged up to 12v leisure battery to ventilate in the dark cycle. (sorry, forgot to get a picture at this stage)

Now, 6 weeks from sprout, 1 week into 12/12 flower cycle, you can see the main head has picked back up and the branches are developing nicely.
      ​​
      The two photos here are week 4 and week 6... approximately 14 days apart!! 😁

​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

After 1 week on 12/12,decided to bend the head down again, really don't want her getting tall. It didn't take many days for her to look up again......so pretty😍
        ​​​​​​
        ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

2 weeks into 12/12, the top head is still tied down and the rest of the branches are going crazy!! Then I heard her call out to me, in my head.. "release me, its too tight".
          So I untied her head and within an hour she had started to move her top leaves. Overnight, her main head had sprung right up, looking out proudly over her impressive chest of branches!!

​​​​​​(ps, does anyone else get their plants talking to them? Maybe I smoked too much!! 🤣🤣)

​​​​​​
          Last edited by NeBoddy; 06-29-2020, 07:22 PM.
          ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

2.5 weeks into 12/12.
            Some pictures of her enjoying the British sunshine and rain
            ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

Now 3 weeks in 12/12: decided to put batteries in my pH tester to realise I'd been watering her at ph7. 8😮😮😮
              So glad she's in this batmix, if she was in hydro she'd have been sick by now. I'll pH the water from now on.

Oh yeah, just been using water with some:
              bcuzz coco booster
              Bcuzz coco bloom stim
              Foliar feed when vegging with evolution plant magic

Thinned out some smaller shoots under and inside the canopy, to let her ficos her energy up to, where it counts!!
              ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

I'm all caught up now with pictures at 3.5 weeks. Will keep em updated. This Honeysuckle seems very responsive to bending and training, and so vigorous. I'm very glad to have taken some cuttings!!
                Last edited by NeBoddy; 06-29-2020, 07:23 PM. Reason: Typo
                ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I applaud you for such good care of your plant she is going to reward you well beautiful.

Plant looks Healthy to me ...I see your using the Aero pots I also but like those pots right now outside in my summer Grow I am using 15 Gal smart pots ..... it’s been hot 🥵 lots of water PH of course...your plant will make you happy 😊 happy Grow
                420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
                Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
                2 Lemon Skunk Plants
                (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
                CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

Attached Files
                  "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Brings such great memories every summer the smell of honeysuckle and lilies.

It's been a couple of days since watering at the corrected PH. The leaves have picked themselves up and are angled more upwards. I think she just got even happier😁😁😁
                  ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

• crucialbunny
                    crucialbunny commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is truly a show stopper. God I love to see a happy thriving plant in the sunshine. Really an exceptional job and I cant wait to see her in full glory. Just wow

• NeBoddy
                    NeBoddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks. Im very exited about this one, has taught me that keeping it simple, soil sun water, works nicely too. hoping the sun comes out this week. I have added a earthing wire from inside the base of the pot, to a ground spike, so she's connected to the earth still!!!

4 weeks flower:
                  It's raining, it's been raining on and off all week. Hoping for warmer weather to come.
                  Does anyone have any experience as to how much direct rain can the flowers handle?
                  ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

• 420chicano
                    420chicano commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea you wanna Cover Her During Down pours and shake her off allot especially Bud sites

• NeBoddy
                    NeBoddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    420chicano thanks, I've made a shelter. Don't want bud rot!

5 weeks into flower.
                  Sun is shining again, hoping it stays like this for a few weeks now🌞
                  Attached Files
                  ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

The quality of your leaves is astounding
                    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
                    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
                    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
                    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• NeBoddy
                      NeBoddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      @Gjourney101
                      Yes, it must be a combination of good genetics and good soil. I've hardly had to do anything in this batmix, so much easier than hydro, I'm officially "converted" to organic. Just wish we had the weather (and freedom) to do more outside. To me, its like seeing a bird let out of its cage for the first time!!!!!
                      ... maybe the grounding spike has helped too!?!
                      Last edited by NeBoddy; 07-11-2020, 07:15 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X