Plz help, I think I have a nutrient problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plz help, I think I have a nutrient problem

Hello everyone, I'm still very new to growing and my 1st grow (5 plants) was a success. I'm on my 2nd and I'm 5 wks into flowering and I have a suspicion I have a Nitrogen issue but I'm not sure. Unfortunately I do not know the strain and I'm using Miracle Gro Potting Soil as by Sub. I WILL NOT b using it from here on out due to the extended release of nutes and how MJ does not need the Nit in her flowering stage. Until I finish my grow how do or can I remedy the problem I'm having until I get to harvest. So the leaves have started changing a lighter green popping up with some brown tips. The lighting isnt the issue & theres plenty of airflow. I WILL be changing to a fox farm Sub or another one that's easier for MJ to grow in. I do have Sensi Cal & Beasty Bloomz. I used them both once a week in my mid to later bloom cycle. I'll try n upload some pictures but having an issue right this minute. Thanks for any advice

Flush the rest of the Nitrogen out of the soil - would I say. And then feed it with bloom nutrients after.
    definitely a nitrogen toxicity you have here.
    but do you monitor the Ph levels ?

don’t know the soil you are using, I use straight up tomato soil, no problem at all with growing in this medium.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Yes it's about the only thing you can do is flush. I guess from what i've read that stuff feeds for almost 6months? What the heck is in that soil MG?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Captain W I do Ph the distilled water i use and keep it between like 6.0-6.8 but I have seen a soil ph monitor and prolly should pick 1 up. But I'm definitely gonna change my medium when I transplant my grease mo key, cookies n cream & gorilla glue. I feel more comfortable cuz its built for the entire life of the plant. What's the name of the tomato soil u use if u dont mind me asking.
        also, how can I flush it properly if by doing that it release more nutes. That's my guess if the nutes last for 6months. The little balls r nutes n water dissolves them into the soil cuz I was really thinking about running a few gallons thru it

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s just standard tomato soil from a garden store. Every garden store have bags of soil for tomatoes.

How big is your pot ? - flush 2-3 times the amount of water, than your pot is, through soil.
          Then you water with a light nutrient feed

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I never used distilled water is it different ?

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal
          I’ve never tried it. Just using tap water, always done that.

I have used it only for ironing but that's 30+yrs ago. Don't partake in that fun hobby anymore
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Distilled water is H2O with nothing else in it.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X