No announcement yet.

Project Blueberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trimmed up Blueberry a bit to remove dead and dying stuff. Sweet Zombie is undergrown for its age. I found out why. I decided to recalibrate my pH pen for the first time since I got it. It was a whole point high! No wonder Blueberry still looked like it was suffering potassium and calcium deficiencies when I knew it had plenty. I'm just glad it survived until I came to my senses! Looks like 12/12 will wait until at least next week.

I also pulled the Blueberry clone at left front. The roots died back and there was no point in trying anymore.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

This is the week this girl finally gets to flower. Lights were changed to 12/12 with the dawn to dusk timer engaged. I'm in the middle of a water change in the pic. I hook up a hose to the pump and let it run into the floor drain then refill then drain again then refill. It helps get rid of salts and debris like coco bits from those clones.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:

Comment

Week 2 of flower and I'm seeing a response already. Blueberry is showing preflowers now. Sweet Zombie is still getting its strength back. I've given them both a good spritz with the new pressure sprayer of LCPT. I'd really like to have thrips extinct by the time trichomes form.

This is the first week with bloom nutes. I've been in a bit of a pinch with nobody being able to get Soul nutes easily for some reason. Same goes for anything from Hydrofarm. I'm reluctantly looking at alternative nute programs. Amazon has provided a gallon of Infinity (the stuff you use throughout the grow) to keep me afloat for now, so no big panic. Has anyone tried Cyco or Botanicare?
        Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 3 of flower and Blueberry is definitely making as many flowers as it can. Sweet Zombie even has the beginning of a cola now! Blueberry is also dropping yellowed leaves fast now that the nutes are switched. I've added another thrip trap and continue to bomb the little bastards at least every other day.
          Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 4 of flower and Blueberry continues to drop fan leaves and make bud everywhere it can. I may just get an ounce or so out of this girl yet. The thrips don't seem to be bothering this tent anymore. It seems the 4x4 is the only hotspot left in the thrip invasion. Sweet Zombie is trying to reach the net but I don't think it will get there.

I'm going to replace the original water line to this house and add a filter system. I hope with the chlorine and pesticides out of the water that Blueberry will do better next go-round when I grow out some for seed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3101.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	454188
            Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

I can't believe it's already week 5. Buds continue to grow, fan leaves are dropping too. It seems I'm removing up to a half-dozen yellowed ones every day. It's one night after their latest feed and the buds grew significantly. Picture to follow; I forgot to get snaps yesterday because I was sick and in a hurry to get the chores done. This should be the last feed before the filter is working. I've apparently been ghosted by the plumber I called to reroute the ancient piping from under the basement floor. I may just have to take things in my own hands.

Attached Files
              Last edited by UndergroundFarmer; 10-05-2020, 07:17 PM.
              Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 6 and Blueberry looks closer to finishing than she ought to. Fan leaves are dropping off daily and about 50% of her stigmas are orange. Unfortunately, her buds aren't fattening much. Sweet Zombie is tiny but frosty and might yield more than two grams if all goes well. Honestly, I can't wait to chop because I'm so ready to move on to the next grow.

I put in a water filtration system and that whole story deserves its own thread. I'm sure my tap water has less crap in it but TDS has jumped over 300 since I put it in! I don't know if it is because of all the disturbance to a 125 year-old pipe or the carbon filters shedding their smallest particles. I got a much better response in the big tent so I'm staying hopeful that this was a good move. Pictures later when I can get in before lights out; the days are getting very short in these tents.
                Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  sounds like something isn't in the zone or wasn't if the buds didn't develop fully. old pipes ...could be ...hard to say.
                  A shame but that's how we learn.
                  I just ordered some old school blueberry from stock 1st collected in 1976. i cannot wait to see how they grow and taste.

• UndergroundFarmer
                  UndergroundFarmer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  These two plants survived my forgetting to calibrate my pH meter for a few months and were runted because of that. I had that Blueberry back to health and then I let something that stupid happen to her. She was a Seedsman freebie anyway. Next time I grow BB, it will be with the standard Dutch Passion beans. I want to fill a jar with seeds first grow and then sinsemilla next time after.

At week 7 of flower Blueberry has about 90% red stigmas and about 80% of fan leaves gone. I expect to chop next weekend. Sweet Zombie is at least looking frosty and more on schedule with its maturation. SZ will probably take another 2 weeks and I don't wanna wait but I will. All this for what will likely be a half ounce of bud of any grade.
                Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

After eight weeks, Blueberry got scissored. I will get a good idea of what Blueberry should taste like after drying but there isn't much there. I should have gotten pictures for the sake of others. When I pulled her out from the bucket after trimming off the buds, I was horrified to see clumps of rotted roots falling back into the water. I immediately checked on Sweet Zombie and found her roots were fine. I added a dose of Hydroguard and turned up the air pump just to be sure. I wondered if the sudden absence of chloramine from the filter installation caused it but I don't think so. I suspect clinging coco clumps in her root mass may have harbored the bad bacteria until it was strong enough to attack Blueberry. I will also be tearing this whole setup down and painting all unpainted surfaces on the PVC manifold just to be sure. Sweet Zombie will finish with the LEDs all to itself for a few weeks. Both tents might get cleared out on the same weekend! I'm getting to the point where I'm trying to gauge when to start the next batch of seeds and it's exciting to finally get close to that day.
                  Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Sweet Zombie enters week 9 looking good considering. I sampled the smell from a sugar leaf. They were not kidding when they say it smells something like prunes! She is just starting to ripen and I hope to chop in a week or two. The lower humidity and cooler temps will help with that.

I've sampled the Blueberry and was surprised how well it smoked considering how poor a condition she was in. It only dried a week and yet was still a mellow smoke with a nice flavor and a short-lived but pleasant high. The nugs were the hardest I've ever grown too.

Name:	IMG_3176.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	464771
                    Yeah. That tape is steel not aluminum.
                    Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Name:	IMG_3211.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	466838 \
                      Sweet Zombie at week 10 is slowly maturing. I had hoped it would finish at the same time as the ones in the other tent. I may have to wait another week for her and the Purple Hazes to chop. I wish I could've had this grow to full size. Two or three grams will be a nice sample, I guess. The smell is interesting - the reviews say it's a bit like prunes. Close, but not really.
                      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 11 should be it for Sweet (petite) Zombie. Next weekend will be busy cutting up and hanging this and the six others in the bigger tent.

Name:	IMG_3232.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	467901
                        Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

The Project Blueberry grow is now closed out. Sweet Zombie made more bud than expected, but still only four or five grams. The smell is unique among varieties I've grown or bought. She also developed a bit of light bleaching at the very top as well as a new sprouting of white stigmas just before chop day. No root rot was noticed as this was the one plant among eight that wasn't ever in coco. If it delivers on its promise to be great for sleep I may just start the remaining seed I've got for a mother and keep it in production. Then again, I've got enough seed to not have to grow the same thing for a year or so.

My friend is still raving about the Blueberry I cut down weeks ago, so that part of this project was mostly a success.

Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of you American growers out there!!
                          Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Sweet Zombie knocked me out after a few bong rips last night. So mission accomplished on that front. I only have one more SZ seed and will try to sneak it in with a future mixed bag feminized grow.

My housemate is still cherishing what Blueberry I managed to harvest. I may include Dutch Passion BB in the next seed producing grow after the one that I just started. I've replaced the kitty litter buckets (except for the rez) with the same type of black round buckets in the big tent. I think it will be better without the light seepage and with less nute solution to manage. I'll also gain some vertical grow space.

It's time to close this one out and begin a new thread. Skunk #1 seeds are due to pop in a day or so!
                            Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X